switching channels in rc2 is faster?? (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I just wonder if someone noticed that it's faster to change channels (TV) with RC2? I live in sweden and have noticed that it's impressively quick to change between SVT TV1 and SVT kanal 2 but from any of those to to lets say TV4 is still quite slow. Wonder why? Is it that it is a different channel group?

Anyway, thanks for the improvements and keep up the good work!

/Moltas

hansdegit

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Schagen, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the same feeling. Since today, channels appear in a few seconds, whereas a few cvs's ago, I had to wait for tenty seconds sometimes.

A BIG THUMBS UP for the MP developers! You guys are amazing.

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I cannot say I have noticed any dramatic differences in RC2. Are you using any post RC2-CVS:s?
One reason for switching between two SVT-channels being potentially quicker might be that they are on the same MUX (that is if you are using DVB-T, (but if I remember correctly you have a Nova DVB-T card)).

hansdegit

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Schagen, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
kamrat: yes, i have been using CVS 2005-12-29, and will keep using the most recent cvs for testing purposes. And, of course, I want to see my haupaauge remote working again....DVB-C seems to get faster and more stable witch each new CVS. Brilliant.

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
ok - I did some more testing yesterday and as Moltas points out: channel switching between SVT1 and SVT2 is very quick (when timeshifting is disabled). It is however not as quick when switching to channel 24 which is also on the same MUX?! The only thing different with this channel is that it does not have AC3-audio. Could it be the changing to another audio track that slows things down? I am not a programmer so I don't have a clue. Just guessing really...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep RC2 definately changes channel faster noticed big difference (you know went for cigarette and a cup of tea whilst it decided to change channel(whilst timeshifting) now im would say 3-4 second lag which is impressive. goes to show all the hard work that went on behind the scenes to get RC2 right THANKS TO ALL FOR THE EFFORT MUCH APPRECIATED

Ray 8) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom