Sync databases by Media Sync Service (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    A multi-user synchronizing function that ensures that you can watch a program on one client and resume watching it from another client at the same place;
    Very interesting, is this plugin available to everyone? Or just for personal use?

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ajs

I am happy to make these applications available, but I am using very different technology than MP1; namely, WPF and entity framework. I have only tested them in the UK and for SQL Server.

If you are interested in trying them, send me your email address and I'll let you have them. I need to update the help files and do some testing installing them on a virgin PC before I make them available for general use. That should take me about a week.

I have been using these apps for over a year, so they are pretty stable, but I want to ensure they stand up.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi ajs

I thought it might be worth adding that as well as using entity framework, I used Linq to develop the add-ons. The advantage of doing this is that I can use the same code to access the MP1 and MP2 databases.

Also, the synchronization and other add-ons I have developed run as windows services and I use a WPF front-end to manage these services.

Please rename the attached file to give it an extension of .chm. This is a help file for the application that controls the available windows services.

Tony

Attachments

• MediaServicesConfiguration.001
      196.9 KB
    Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Please rename the attached file to give it an extension of .chm. This is a help file for the application that controls the available windows services.
    At me CHM empty, only Chapters, but no Text :(

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi ajs

Just a thought. The file should, when unzipped, be 197 kb.

I think I have seen the issue of being able open a .chm file, but not being able to see its contents, before. But I can't remember how I fixed it. Would you try checking the permissions on the file. Also, what version of windows are you using and what is the highest version of .NET Framework do you have installed?

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi ajs

Would you please right-click on the help file and check 'Unblock' and press Apply.

Please let me know if that sorts it.

Tony

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Please try this file and let me know if that works.
    All ok from zip ...
    f you are interested in trying them, send me your email address and I'll let you have them. I need to update the help files and do some testing installing them on a virgin PC before I make them available for general use. That should take me about a week.
    I did not have time to look carefully, but will this decision help in my situation?
    3 clients (HTPC with Mediaportal), one server (share with Mediaportal Database - Or MySQL server), I would like to synchronous two-way synchronization ... :)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi ajs

My software should work well for your setup, but I haven't tested my software against MySQL. I expect that this will simply be a matter of getting the right connection string in the config file. I'll do some testing against MySQL and will get back to you.

BTW, are you based in the UK?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom