Synchronized Watching (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    End result is to have a shared watching experience remotely. Basically to be able to have two people watch the same thing together without seeing the same screen. Best way is to do it in phases. First, to be able to join the movie by starting at same place as the "friend" who is already in progress, and to extend an offer to a "friend" to start the movie with you.

Using Skype or something else like it on the HTPC allows for communication. It wont send the movie, or any computer sounds, back, as it cancels out that stuff. This is something I have been doing for a while but have always had to manually sync up, but having Trakt keep track and manage the timing would be a bonus.

Good idea? Bad idea? Ideas on how to expand? Lemme hear your thots.

GitHub link: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/73

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think it's a good idea, I would like to implement it sometime in the future.

Priority will be to first make some changes to the trakt plugin to support the next version of the API v2 and Website going live around the end of September (give or take). Only a handful of API methods will be still available from V1 when this happens. This basically means a lot of features that the trakt plugin does right now will no longer work so need to shift priorities on this as well explore new features of the next API.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am going to hunt you down..... ....

and do something! I don't know yet, but I will figure it out before I get there.

HIDE and watch, Jive Turkey!!!!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is another similar feature, let's say you and your friend watch the same movie at the same place i.e. he/she comes to your house for movie night.

We could have a button that allows you to enable 'Shared Viewing' with the ability to select the people you are watching with. This can then send multiple scrobbles to trakt.tv at the same time and all your friends will get the watched history event. Of course the user could just whip out their mobile and check-in as well :)

Your scenario is slightly different since the idea is to sync/start the playback from multiple places simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom