System crash on unattended recording (1 Viewer)

rubberist

February 6, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: avalon 1.0.0.0
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel core 2 duo 2.80 GHz
HDD: Western Digital WD10EACS 1.0 TB
Memory: 8GB DDR2 non ECC
Motherboard: Azus P5N7A-VM
Video Card: Onboard Nvidia Gforce 9300
Video Card Driver: 8.7.12.8652
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek / Nvidia HD audio
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5859
1. TV Card: Technotrend budget 3200 CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.3.5
2. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1200 (71xxx)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 1.44.27253.0
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 Eurobird 28.2
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling: Zalmann quiet PC cooling fan
Power Supply: NesteQ Xzero XZ-500 watt
Remote: Microsoft model 1039 RC6
TV: LG 47SL9500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi everybody.

Hoping you can help. Recently installed mediaportal to replace 7MCE and love it but have a repetative problem I'm hoping someone can help with:-

The machine ran perfectly under 7MCE and I've changed none of the hardware. Under Mediaportal, unattended recordings (i.e. overnight) when the machine is supposed to come out of standby, record and go to sleep again usually fail with a BSOD and a restart. starting the machine the next day it comes up with the 'windows has recovered from a serious error' message pointing me to the minidump files. Reading these file with 'bluescreenview' indicates the failure is a 'bad pool call' with 'ttbudget2_amd64.sys' (the technotrend dvb-s2 tv card driver).

I've tried the two offical drivers, the earlier 5.0.1.8 version doesn't cause BSOD - but it doesn't record either because it has difficulty tuning (and quite often fails to tune in normal use). The current 5.0.3.5 driver, listed as being specially for 7MCE, tunes OK but causes these unexpected shutdowns.

I've also tried fiddling with all the various settings in TV server config including, delaying detecting the card coming out of standby, disabling EPG grabbing, etc etc none of which has made any difference.

I'm resigned to possibly having to buy a new TV card but would like to resolve the problem if I can..

Hoping you can help,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom