System does not enter standby after recording has started during TV (1 Viewer)

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Hi,
I had an issue with the system not entering standby. When I saw that the system didn't enter standby by itself, I sent a power off (go to standby) command via my remote control at 1:43 a.m. which can be seen in the log files.
After resum from standby I saw an error message box comming from Soundgraph iMon telling that a "pure virtual call" caused an error and iMon is stopped.

Can anyone tell if this was the reason why the system didn't enter standby and how to overcome this problem in the future?
Or was there another process which prevented the system of entering standby?
Actually I had this error (quite a long time ago) before but don't know what leads to this.

thanks
bart

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Hi,
I did a reboot. Started a recording while watching TV, then turned off TV and sent the system to standby. Of course standby was prevented because of recording. However, after recording has finished, the system did not enter standby. (see attached log files).
I had sometimes this situation also with older MP versions. I think the error with iMon was just a coincident.
Can anybody see from the log files what prevented the system to enter standby and how to overcome this issue?

thanks
bart

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just guessing here, but

[2015-02-06 06:10:26,047] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Requests preventing Windows standby: [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer

looks like a driver or somewhat is preventing standby. Did you try to let powerscheduler force windows to go to standby (thats in TVServer Setup in PS setup)? This works way better for me...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    And again:

[2015-02-06 05:31:25,833] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Requests preventing Windows standby: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (defragsvc)

Let PS handle the standby!

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    thanks for the quick reply.
    I will try it out.
    Selection in the advanced tab is now additionally:
    Powerscheduler forces system to go to standby when idle. (I still keep the selection "Apply recommended windows power settings ...")

For the next standby event it says: Standby is handled by Powerscheduler.

bart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom