[confirm] system immediatly suspends after resume (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: rc4
MediaPortal Skin: blue3 wide
Windows Version: xp - sp3 fully patched
CPU Type: intel 651
HDD: samsung 1000G
Memory: 1G pc3200
Motherboard: ?
Video Card: ati 4350
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Sound Card: realtek
Sound Card AC3: ac3 realtek
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: hauppauge nova-t-500
1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink pd7
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: advent
Cooling: fans
Power Supply: 250W
Remote: generic mCE compatible
TV: panasonic 1080p plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi to hdmi

I have noticed this a few times now and reported it in another thread. Since I can recreate the problem I think it deserves its own thread.

MP runs up and is used. Leave it on the home screen and after the stipulated time the system hibernates. If I then wake the system the screen is blank (Windows bottom toolbar shows, mouse a pixel or two) nothing works (remote or keyboard). CTRL/ALT/DEL allows task manager to be run - MP not responding. Kill MP and in the case of the logs attached - the watchdog kicks in and captures the logs BUT the system is suspending.......Its only been up 2 minutes and the suspend time is set to 10 minutes. Logs no completely captured but subsequent restart completes the capture.

I have allowed the system to suspend and then immediately resumed it a number of times and it appears to work fine. The problem appears to be if after suspend the system resumes itself and then suspends again.

wow am I have trouble with 1.1RC2

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Have always had a similar issue myself with XP SP3 and never been able to resolve. Are you saying that when you resume you have to kill MP and then the system goes to sleep (presumably in your case as soon as watchdog is finished collecting logs) ???

When you say you can re-create the problem do you mean you can replicate it when you want? I have the problem that is only happens sometimes

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Have always had a similar issue myself with XP SP3 and never been able to resolve. Are you saying that when you resume you have to kill MP and then the system goes to sleep (presumably in your case as soon as watchdog is finished collecting logs) ???

When you say you can re-create the problem do you mean you can replicate it when you want? I have the problem that is only happens sometimes

When I resume MP is not responding - the system is OK (remote access to discs works). If I kill MP then logs get collected (this may get interrupted) but the system immediate closes down.

I cannot guarantee to be able to recreate it but if I leave the system overnight it suspends, wakes up a couple of time - EPG grab etc. and if I then resume it and try to use MP it usually leaves MP "not responding".

I have reverted to MP 1.0 (but imaged the 1.1RC isntallation first so can revert). I tried to check the behaviour. It is similar in that on resume MP does not immediately burst into life but when it does it works fine.

I have a hauppauge T-500 card which I have trouble with (doesn't everybody?). I currently have the resume set to reinitialise the service and the wait for detecting tv cards to 45 seconds.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    and you are not using the mini-display plugin are you? (could not see it in the logs but wanted to check)

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    and you are not using the mini-display plugin are you? (could not see it in the logs but wanted to check)

No minidisplay - the htpc (Elonex advent) has one and I did get it working but disabled it a long time ago as I suspect problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom