System.NullREferenceException -- Cant open config pane! (1 Viewer)

ahkali

Portal Member
December 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After completely reinstalling I'm getting some ui problem AGAIN. Whenever I click on 'Manual Control' only the menu title changes BUT THE PANE DOESN'T APPEAR! Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/TJHUnny.png

See the title? See the selection. That IS NOT the 'Manual Control' pane.

It happened before with the 'Schedules' pane (which led me to reinstall). The error.log shows:

Code:
2013-03-18 17:52:03.106956 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.comboBoxGroups_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
  at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.OnSectionActivated()
  at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

When I try and stop the service I get:

Code:
2013-03-18 18:01:51.414338 [TVService(6)]: TvService OnStart failed : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
  at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
  at TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()

I get no errors at startup.

I disabled both the schedulesdirect and xbmc plugins that I had running, I've rebooted. I did have to set tvservice windows service to run from a user account so that it could write to a network drive.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...sions/Remote_Access/MPExtended/Network_drives

But it WAS working until MP crashed and now I can't view this pane anymore. Is there anything I can do? Is this a bug that I should submit?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Turns out any channel or group corruption will cause the manual control tab to not display without generating any visible error. There may be information in the log but I haven't found that yet either. In my case I had groupmap entries that did not have valid channels. Once I deleted the groupmap entries that didn't have a...
Turns out any channel or group corruption will cause the manual control tab to not display without generating any visible error...
Hi all, I have a long time running multiseat MediaPortal, with TVServer on separate computer. But since today, 'Manual Control'...
Replies
Views
Oh ok Hope you will feel better soon (not only for MP ofc) good luck From Tapatalk
Oh ok Hope you will feel better soon (not only for MP ofc) good luck From Tapatalk
System.NullReferenceException Error when opening or closing Mediaportal configuration AND 'Invalid File Handle 32' during...
Replies
Views
OK, it's been a very long time, but for completeness: the MySQL problems persisted (slow startup) whatever I tried. Then a recent power cut messed up my HTPC and I had some repairs to do - and thought I'll have another go at getting MySQL to work properly. Tried a complete uninstall (including relevant program and app data folder...
OK, it's been a very long time, but for completeness: the MySQL problems persisted (slow startup) whatever I tried. Then a recent...
Oh dear, back again... Everything working except MP's TV service doesn't start automatically with Windows (MP 1.2, XP SP3, all the...
Replies
Views
I thought it was strange that it only crashed when both plugins were enabled. It was a corrupt database.
I thought it was strange that it only crashed when both plugins were enabled. It was a corrupt database.
After bios update, I can no longer start MP. Attached are logs with succesful startup with debug enabled and all extensions...
Replies
Views
Hi there, The following line gives it away: Exception :MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired Plus it is a known issue with MySQL - where corruption can happen. J.
Hi there, The following line gives it away: Exception :MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is...
I upgraded to MP1.4 on Monday and ever since I've been having problems with the TV Server Configuration. I can't actually close...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom