Take long time to open movie list (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Your problem is not related to database or firewall..., it's MP code which handle files in directory and this problem rise if directory have many files. It's solved in 1.2.0Alpha - Beta. Also watch status is rewritten so it should be no problem for slowdowns anymore.

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I was pretty sure that this is not related to antivirus or firewall, but have to try it...
    Thank you for your reply, but unfortunetaly I cannot confirm that it is solved in 1.2.0 Alpha. Maybe it is better than before, but i still have to wait few tens of seconds.
    Do I really have as much files in there? I am just surprised that no other complains....

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can you post your FolderDatabase3.db3 file. Just want to check something.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thx for the file. Yes there nothing strange in shared folders. I can't see anything strange in log

2011-02-13 09:21:30.940814 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: Resetting virtual directory
    2011-02-13 09:21:30.942814 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: open folderdatabase
    2011-02-13 09:23:46.823586 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
    2011-02-13 09:24:01.279413 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
    2011-02-13 09:26:02.678357 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: xml:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Blue3wide\topbar.xml image id:1 width:0 height:0 gfx:empty.png

except big delay between reading files and showing items in gui after (there is a many possible hot spots in that process but can't pinpoint delay because there is no any log point there in code). Some of the possible delays can be disconnected network drive but as you wrote that all files are on local disk we can exclude that and huge amount of files in one dir (500+) which cause delay in checking for stacked files (this was resolved for 1.2.0 beta).

If you can wait a little for 1.2.0 Beta (I hope it will be released till the end of this month) and try it to see if there still will be delay I can compile special WindowsPlugin.dll so we can trace the problem. There was a massive changes between 1.2.0 Alpha and current SVN for Beta (especially in file handling and cache) so it is little difficult to guess whats wrong with old version and is that bug still inside.

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    There is one strange thong for me. Because I have "remember last dir" function switched on, whenever I enter Video from main menu, there is no delay. There is no delay in going through any subfolders. But when I want to go up to the level under Main Menu or down to it from Main Menu, there is the delay as I describe.

For example I have few subfolders under Video folder :
    - Series
    - HD movies
    - DVD movies.
    Because it remembers last dir, it put me for example to Video\Series\Simpsons\16. Season\... after entering Video from Main Menu. When I go one level up to Video\Series\Simpsons\... - there is no delay. Again one level up to Video\Series\... - there is no delay. But when I go again one level up to see Video subfolders - big delay.

Anyway thank you for your actual helping, I will try to wait to Beta. Let me know whenever I can help with some testing.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    To help is not a problem, I'm extensively using on daily basis My Videos as the only video plugin with fanarts, and with current SVN I don't have any problems with performance. Maybe I missed some strange situation but for now I can't simulate your problem. Let's wait for beta to see if you can, and if your problem is still there it will be much easier to help beacuse I will have new start point. :D for your patience.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i dont know how to fix your myvideos issue, but have you considered using the moving pictures plugin for your movies instead, i think you will find it superior to the myvideos for your movie collection

maybe you should also upgrade your mediaportal to 1.1.3 .. your thread says RC3, i dont know what RC3 is but probably not recent.

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks guys. After longer waiting for 1.2.0 Beta I can confirm that my problem does not remain active. Everything is smooth now. Of course I have beta from its first day, but havent time to confirm it sooner :)
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom