Take the english title of the movie (1 Viewer)

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well now IMDB think they are so nice to show a swedish title of a english move when I look after some information at the homepage. I guess that why some of the movie have swedish translated title of some of the movie.

Is it possible to force IMDB+ to take the english title of the movie, I mean it is ok if it have a swedish title if it is a swedish movie but not if it is make in hollywood or some else place :)

Is crazy when I trying to find a movie and I can't find it :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ is supposed to do that, but IMDb keeps changing their website. Of course I never realize this as I am on USA-IP and all the movies give me English title anyway. I am planning on a full rewrite of IMDb+ regarding that area, and a change was made to Moving-Pictures to offer support for what I want to do, but finding free time has been a struggle lately. The full rewrite will also take a lot of time, so for now I could do a quick fix if you can help me find out why it is going wrong.

To do that you need to edit the IMDb+ settings XML file and add:

<set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />​

MediaPortal config has to be configured to use DEBUG verbosity on the log files, and then you have to open MovPic config, delete the movingpictures.log file and send the movie with the wrong Swedish title back to the importer. If you then provide me with the movingpictures.log file, and your IMDb+ settings XML file, I will be able to figure out what Amazon/IMDb changed again this time and release a temporary fix.

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure, anything to help this great software :)

Here you have it.
    I did give you two movies :)

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
      3.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sure, anything to help this great software :)

Here you have it.
    I did give you two movies :)

Ok, things went wrong. Seems the new MediaPortal forum software tends to add characters at the end when you copy and paste text from it, so a '?' char was added at the end of when you added the new debug line into your IMDb+ options file (shows for me in notepad when I looked at the file).

Please remove that, as it is now preventing the options file from being used/read. Also for sanity purposes, you might want to move it up and put it between id="18" and id="94", just so it does not break stuff when I change something in the future that relies on that order.

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry about that, I should have know about it but I did not look so close at the code.

Here is a new one

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
      3.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorry about that, I should have know about it but I did not look so close at the code.

Here is a new one

LOL, well I should have known better as well. Need you to enable MovPic scraper-debug mode.

Explanation @ http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper

Please import only *ONE* movie, because more then likely the problem between them is the same (so if I fix one, they both work), as scraper-debug logs are like around 1.5MB *PER* movie and asynchrone, meaning it all runs at the same time. That is why I would also prefer if if you can wait 30 seconds with MovPic config open and then delete the movingpictures.log file (infact refresh window file explorer via F5 and keep deleting the log file if it comes back within 5 seconds). After it stops getting created (all the background tasks are done) then please reimport the 'one' Swedish title movie import mistake. That saves me like 0.5MB from stuff I don't care for right there (same way I do it myself).

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok I have done that and upload a new log but it was not so big at all?
    I did enable scraper-debug mode (got a green bug) so I maybe have done something wrong again?

But I did notice something very strange (strange för me anyway) is that when I do "Move to import" and do a new search, then it give me a english title??
    I have notice that since I have to find a new movie with a swedish title everytime you want a new log for me??

I do not understand why, it is like it need to rescan the movie one more to make it right, like the first scan when I add the movie is not so good?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, you need to set MediaPortal config to DEBUG VERBOSITY for the right log files (MovPic will use that value as well).

The English -> Swedish title switch you saw is the way MovPic works. First there is the search node, where it matches your title/year/etc up (IMDb+ uses the IMDb website search page for this). If it finds a title/year/etc match then it gets autoapproved (green circle), or you have to manually select the one (blue question icon).

Then the details node kicks in to get the actual data (summary/crew/etc), and this is where IMDb+ gets the wrong info from IMDb website, because it detects you are in Sweden and uses Swedish titles. So then when you see the white checkmark appear inside importer (means details node done), you see the title change to the wrong one.

It is further complicated, because I did build in support into IMDb+ for filmtipset.se as well with full Swedish support, but you have IMDb+ options set to English. You clearly ran into a bug with IMDb+ failing to detect that IMDb website is giving me Swedish title and then use the AKA page to "fix" it back to English. Constant cat and mouse game sometimes with Amazon/IMDb changing their website.

I should be able to fix it quickly if you get me the right file (and trust me, it will be 'big', so a ZIPped version to attach on forum will be appreciated as LOG files compress a lot)

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ahh ok, going to try again when I get home from work :)

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here you have it.

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      217.7 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom