Taskbar icon problem (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaop-space

August 19, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
New forum user, apologies if this has already been discussed, but couldn't find elsewhere.

Done a clean install of MP 1.1.0 final on Windows 7 today. Installed mp-tvseries (2.6.0.1157) and immediately the MP icon pinned to my taskbar has changed to the windows default program icon.

Uninstalled MP and reinstalled and the same thing occurred - got the MP icon until install mp-tvseries and immediately changes to default icon.

Any suggestions for a solution or workaround?

Many thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    New forum user, apologies if this has already been discussed, but couldn't find elsewhere.

Done a clean install of MP 1.1.0 final on Windows 7 today. Installed mp-tvseries (2.6.0.1157) and immediately the MP icon pinned to my taskbar has changed to the windows default program icon.

Uninstalled MP and reinstalled and the same thing occurred - got the MP icon until install mp-tvseries and immediately changes to default icon.

Any suggestions for a solution or workaround?

Many thanks

Does the pinned icon still launch MediaPortal? Otherwise unpin it, go into Start -> All Programs -> Team MediaPortal and find the MediaPortal shortcut and right click it to repin it to taskbar.

qaop-space

August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the suggestion RoChess - the shortcuts for Mediaportal and Mediaportal Configuration in the start menu had also lost their icons (as had the exe files in the Program Files folder) and changed to the Windows default icon.

That led me to a workaround though - if I right-clicked those shortcuts and went to Properties and Change Icon, then selected the icon from the exe, it restored the icon in the start menu shortcut, which I was able to re-pin to the task bar. So far so good.

All I can say rekenaar is that I wasn't sure first time around if it was directly related to the tvseries installer or not, so that's why I repeated the process. Easily worked-around as it turns out, but still a strange quirk.

Thanks again

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom