TBS 6928 DVB-S2 Card with CI/CAM no picture after tune (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
    I have problems with scrambled DVB-S channels: if I choose a scrambled program (mapped to TBS 6928 with Conax CAM and SmartCard) from Guide or switch to from another TV-card (unscrambled Technisat) I get no picture and sound. This happens not always. These channels tune and encrypt fine if tested in TVServerConfiguration.
    I know I should not use patched files for bugreport but otherwise I cannot use the TBS card with CI at all. TVServer works all right, no tune or unscramble problems with these channels here, CI-Menü opens also fine.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, AMD Phenom II X3, 4GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 45xx with AMD Catalyst 13.01

Mediaportal 1.4 final
    patched tvlibrary files like this (otherwise no CI support)
    h.264 Codecs LAV and Cyberlink PDVD12 (no difference)
    Skin Titan
    TV Cards:
    Technisatn Skystar HD2 DVB-S2 on Astra 19°E unscrambled channels
    TBS 6928 DVB-S2 on Eurobird 9A conax scrambled h.264 channels

Steps to Reproduce:
    - start MePo
    - switch to TV-Guide
    - start scrambled h.264 channel on TBS 6928 witc CI / Conax CAM or switch to from another card

these channels in TV-Server unscramble and preview fine from TVService Configuration

Edit: I replaced the TBS Card with a Technotrend S2-3200 with Ci, restored the original tvlibrary files... SAME problem with conax scrambled channels. Preview in TV Server fine, Tuning in MePo fails.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I know I should not use patched files for bugreport but otherwise I cannot use the TBS card with CI at all. TVServer works all right, no tune or unscramble problems with these channels here, CI-Menü opens also fine.
    You're right - you shouldn't report the bug here. Please report the bug in the thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tbs-ci-cam-support-and-other-improvements.103276/

FYI, the problem doesn't appear to be with the TV service. The channels are tuned fine, and TsWriter seems to be reporting that the audio and video is decrypted. So I'm 99% certain the problem is with the patch.

mm

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    FYI, the problem doesn't appear to be with the TV service. The channels are tuned fine, and TsWriter seems to be reporting that the audio and video is decrypted. So I'm 99% certain the problem is with the patch.

mm

thank you very much for your answer and checking my logs.

As you said the channels are encrypted, they preview fine in tvservice. This means the opposite: this is not the tvservice patch but MePo problem. Further: I took my time and replaced the TBS wit my TT S2-3200, no patched files .... Same result. Should I start a new bugreport with this setup? The problem is the same...

All this looks like that the TVSrevice timeshifts the channel fine in the background, but MePo cannot read/display it.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As you said the channels are encrypted, they preview fine in tvservice. This means the opposite: this is not the tvservice patch but MePo problem.
    Not necessarily.
    After MP tunes the channel it asks the service one last time "is the channel encrypted". In your case the service is then saying that the channel is encrypted... even though the service already detected unscrambled audio and video. So I'm saying the problem is on the service side, and probably caused by some modification that was made in the patch.

I expect if it was not a problem with the patch we would have already had many reports of problems from other people... but maybe I'm wrong. :)

Further: I took my time and replaced the TBS wit my TT S2-3200, no patched files .... Same result. Should I start a new bugreport with this setup? The problem is the same...
    Are you 100% sure you reverted all patched files?
    Also, in your log files I don't see any attempts to tune with a TechnoTrend tuner. Looks like you have a TechniSat SkyStar HD2 (TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCI HD, Twinhan/Azurewave AD SP400, VisionPlus VP 1041 clone)... and I only see you attempting to tune free channels with that tuner.

All this looks like that the TVSrevice timeshifts the channel fine in the background, but MePo cannot read/display it.
    Yes, it looks like TV service is able to timeshift the channel correctly... but as above, it seems like the service is giving the wrong answer to MP when MP asks "is the channel decrypted/encrypted".

mm

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    thank you very much one more time for your time and kind explanations. :)

I did my logs with 2 cards inside: Technisat SkystarHD2 (astra FTA channels) and TBS6928 with CAM (Conax). I replaced the TBS now with my old Technotrend S2-3200, no logs sent so far with this setup (thats why you don´t see any TT tunings). I am sure that I restored the original files. Still same behaviour.

I think we can close this case as I am planing to reproduce the problem with the Technotrend S2-3200 card with clean MePo 1.4 and open a "better made" bugreport.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Closing thread as requested. If you continue to encounter issues with this patch please respond in the TBS thread directly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom