TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

Syrel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, I've tested using the exact same procedure that resulted in a crash / no stream before.
    Strange thing I've learned earlier was that testing from TV Server Configuration / Channels / Preview was not enough, since sometimes it worked, whereas MP itself did not. So I had this hurray feeling couple of times already, just to find out that from MP it still did not work.

But now it works from MP itself as well. Tuning a channel, sending the PC to standby, waking it up, going back to TV, than changing channel, etc. all works well!

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Syrel. Where did you get that driver that you use now with mm's tbscicapi.dll?

Is it some beta from tbs or?

I still have resume problem with mm's cicapi dll. I allways get no pmt after resume.

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    Dear all,

it was not clear for me if the patch is included in Mediaportal 2 Summer release (which i want to test)

I can't open CI menu from my TBS6680 in Mediaportal 2?

When i install the 1.6 patch mediaportal 2 tv crashes

Is there any chance to get the patch working in Mediaportal 2 summer release?

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it was not clear for me if the patch is included in Mediaportal 2 Summer release (which i want to test)
    It is not.

When i install the 1.6 patch mediaportal 2 tv crashes

Is there any chance to get the patch working in Mediaportal 2 summer release?
    No, I don't think it is possible to use this patch with MP2.

andcar

Portal Member
    September 5, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there any prefered CA module to use with the TBS 6681 and swedish Boxer to make it work in MediaPortal?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any prefered CA module to use with the TBS 6681 and swedish Boxer to make it work in MediaPortal?
    I have never heard of a TBS6681. Do you mean TBS6618? ...or maybe TBS6680?
    In any case, I recommend to ask TBS. They know their hardware and drivers best.

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Note the source of the crash is in TBSCiApi0.dll, which is the TBS DLL for CI support. We have no control over the code in that DLL so in most cases you would need to get help from TBS if there are problems with it. The only hint I can offer is that I've seen crashes with that DLL before, and they were caused by the way that the TV service was reinitialised/started/stopped. The DLL fails to unload itself properly in certain cases. You could try to use the attached DLL instead of the one that was included with the patch. If this doesn't help then the problem will have to be raised with TBS.

Regards,
    mm

For me it wasn't only the DLL causing problems (or might be the DLL and its handling of L0 and L0s power states).
    The new DLL prevented the TVService from crashing randomly after resuming my dedicated home (and tv-) server. I set the built in services watchdog in Windows to restart the service whenever it stops and to reboot whenever it fails the 3rd time in a row - as kinda workaround prior I found that CI-API-DLL - no fun though, when i.e. my workstation is firing up the the server via WOL and needs to access the SMB shares...
    However - after updating to the DLL posted by mm1352000 (thanks a million for that one btw) I still had a 50/50 "chance" that my TBS6928 disappeard from the device manager and MediaPortal reported that no free TV card would be available after the server resumed.
    What I am testing at the moment: deactivating the power saving options for the PCIe bus.
    Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power options -> PCI Express -> Link State Power Management -> change the setting to "Off"

I gonna observe and report whether this is solving the issue.
    BTW: I am running my TV server (and hence the TBS card) on WHS2011 machine, which is a OS not supported by MP. Everything is running smoothly though, aside the resume glitches I am facing with the TBS6928 (to my mind it's not WHS2011 to be blamed - when taking into account, that all OS seem to be effected).
    TBS driver version: 1.0.1.6.

Cheers, Mat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom