TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you include my TVE 3.5 working branch, that would make 3 branches with different advantages/disadvantages. Depending on your/team preference, there may be a choice to be made in relation to this.

I'd prefer just to do the minimum changes to update the 'FreakJ' version that's already in master (to make it compatible with the newer TBS cards like the 6290 SE), so advice on this/patch files/updated source files would be most welcome.

We have to be careful to match the version we include with the code we use. There are some subtly different versions of the DLL out there.

Which DLL version would you suggest we include ?

(Basically I'd like to get the changes into MP 1.23 pre-release, which is due out in about 4 weeks time, so we have a bit of time to sort out what needs doing).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd prefer just to do the minimum changes...
    Okay, sure thing. I'll be back home in 12 hours or so. If you or someone else wanted to have a crack at the changes before then, feel free. I can review. Otherwise, I'll try to find an hour or two to make a branch with the required changes.

Which DLL version would you suggest we include ?
    TBS have recommended to use a version which they sent to me via email. AFAIK it isn't publicly available yet. I'll pass it on when I get home.

(Basically I'd like to get the changes into MP 1.23...
    That should be doable. Happy to work towards that goal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @high Sorry to bother you. I'm having trouble logging into JIRA. Tried reseting my password, and still couldn't login after doing that. Is my account expired, locked, or otherwise inaccessible? (I can try resetting my password again, but thought I better check with you first.)

@Owlsroost Sorry to trouble you with this, but given the above, would you be able to assist by creating an issue to track these changes. Thank you in advance.

kra@lj

May 20, 2019
    Home Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Hello, do you maybe know how can I take 5-6 channels from one Conax card with CI module. I use TBS 6290 with CI module and I can only get 2ch from one card. But one my friend found some man to set him tbsci.c and when he re-install driver he gets 10ch from one card. But he can contact that man any more, we send 100 emails and didn't get an answer. Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello, do you maybe know how can I take 5-6 channels from one Conax card with CI module. I use TBS 6290 with CI module and I can only get 2ch from one card.
    My understanding is that the number of channels depends on the CI module capabilites. Some CI modules can only decrypt one channel at a time; others can decrypt 8 or more. Usually CI modules that can decrypt more channels cost more money.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Owlsroost
    Quick question: should I be aiming to include the TbsCIapi.dll using NuGet, or can I include the DLL in the TVServer.Base directory in the repo (with most of the other 3rd party DLLs)?

P.S. Progress is good, but the changes are taking a little longer than expected. I hope to have a patch available for testing in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom