TBS6891 on the edge? (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have been upgrading my media centre and am now using a Dell 530 in a SCALEO E case (suitably Dremeled) running VISTA
To go with my Hauppauge DVB-T dual tuner I purchased a TBS6891 which is a dual DVB-S2 card to replace a Compro S350 (DVB-S only)

The new card appeared to work fine to start with but after around 10 minutes it locked up. To cut a long story short I eventually determined that the two cards wont work together. The Hauppauge continues to work fine but the TBS locks up. Removing the Hauppauge and the TBS works.

Searching the TBS website suggests that other people have has similar experience. There are a number of reports where the the TBS wont scan properly or locks up. One case was traced to a wireless card - remove it and the TBS was fine (I have a wireless card installed with no problems). The "problem" doesn't appear to be mother board specific

My way forward - for now settle for a single DVB-S2 receiver, cable up the second receiver (planned anyway) and replace the Hauppauge dual DVB-T with.......good question, probably a peak. Hopefully whatever I get will work with the TBS but there appears to be no guarantee.

Cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi kevin939

Have you notified TBS - they may be able to do something about the problem with changes in their drivers, but obviously only if they know about it.

mm

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think TBS are aware of this - the info about interactions with other cards came from their forum site. I suspect however that since users end up working around the problem (remove the other card) there does not appear to be any action. However its worth jogging them.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom