Technisat Skystar HD2 bricked? Replacement Digital Devices Cine S2 V6? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The first questions would be:
    - how many satellites do you receive
    - how many existing cable(s) do you have to the dish
    - how many STBs and tuners do you have/want

-1 (ASTRA 19.2E)
    -3 (2 to the room where the multiswitch would be installed)
    -5 to the multiswitch
    In order to receive all channels from Astra 19.2e, I think you would need 4 cables from the LNB to the multiswitch. I think you have no choice but to drill unless you would prefer to buy a multiswitch and receive half the normal channels.

Bobsofa

Portal Member
    May 19, 2012
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for you answers. I finally had time to install the Cine S2. Very good quality, short response time, excellent recommendation :D. After reinstalling the TV Server App, it works like a charm.
    One more question about the LNB setup: Can I record a programm while watching/timeshifting another channel, when the card has 2 cables connected to the LNB?

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hey everyone, I think my TV card is broken. It does not find that many channels on Astra 19.2E (86, many unknown). The symptoms match a broken TV-Card, so i guess that's it in my case :rolleyes: . What card is a good replacement?

I could have written the identical post. I think my Technnisat SkyStart HD2 is FUBAR.

I noticed that I cannot receive my normal channels on the SkyStar so performed a full channel scan on 19°E which showed only 50 channels (lots unknown). Before this I checked the satelite hardware by switching the sat feed cables and all is fine. The second TV card is working fine (Hauppauge Win TV). So, is the card bricked? Everything 'appears' to be wokring OK in Windows...

If so, I guess I need a recommendation for a replacement, just like Bobsofa? I use the SkyStart CI slot to allow me to decrypt SwissTV so would need a card with CI. A double TV card with CI (if this exists) would be an option. Unlimited budget, quick switching time desirable. Maybe there are newer cards available now?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So, is the card bricked?
    I have no idea.
    If I were you I would fully power off the PC and disconnect power for 30 seconds.
    If that doesn't help, try to remove the CAM and see if that helps.
    If that doesn't help, power off the PC again and try to disconnect the CI slot completely.
    If that doesn't help, try the card in another PC if you can.
    If none of these help, maybe the card is busted.

A double TV card with CI (if this exists) would be an option.
    TBS 6991/2 and NetUP Universal Dual are the only 2 cards that I'm aware of with twin CI.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The only solution for single CI/CAM and more than 1 tuner is Digital Devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom