Technotrend S2-3200 Singnal Problem

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by ramu, March 4, 2019.

1. ramu

ramu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 2
    Hello Mediaportal-Forum,

I have a problem with my technotrend S2-3200 cards. After a while the card loses all signal information.

The first one work for years without problems. Suddenly mediaportal didn't show a program, no signal. All my efforts to find signal by rebooting, rescanning of channels or reinstalling driver toke no succses. Only way to bring MP back to live was to install a new dvb-s card. This card worked for about 10 weeks and now the same problem...

MP do not find a signal at all. Stopping the MP service and scanning the sat by DVBviewer shows that signal information is there, which means that I can see a information bar coming up and the information buttons change colour (PAT = Yellow, PMT and SDT = red) but also dvb Viewer do not find channels???

First I thought that the signal from the dish is bad so I checked the dish direction. Everything ok because the tv using the second lnb port works well.
    As written before I reinstalled the driver software, no change.
    Then I checked the sat-cable, no problem a normal tv receiver works well...
    So, I think there could be a hardware problem but why shows this card scanning information in DVB-Viewer???

I didn't move nor manipulate the pc. Only possibility I could imagine is that the cable have a problem? But why is the standalone receiver working? And if there would be a temporary connection between earth and the middle line I hope that would not destroy the pc card???

Unfortunately I do not get any person on the phone at technotrend, to be honest I do not know if this company still exists...

Hope somebody can give me a tip how to fix this problem!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!