television channel icons (1 Viewer)

klasa

March 27, 2005
i'm not sure where to post this, but here it goes:

what is the size of the icons of every television channel. and is there a way to change the icon of a certain channel at a certain time. Here in the netherlands in from 06:00 to 18:00 JETIX and from 18:00 to 06:00 VERONICA

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
klasa said:
is there a way to change the icon of a certain channel at a certain time.

This is not possible. You have to put this channel twice in the channel list with the different names. Then they show the different icons.

klasa

March 27, 2005
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos
place in this directory a image with the name of the television channel (i don't know if other types as png work)
the names should be the same as used in media portal

but my question again, what's the normal size for those images

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    normal size, i'm not sure what you mean by normal...in the xml file that defines what each page looks like, the display size of the icon is also defined for that page. for example, in the mce skin (i've never used any other skin, it may be the same for the others, it may be different), on the tv guide page the icons are displayed at 32x32. but in the fullscreen tv OSD, the icon is displayed at 80x80. in other screens it may be displayed at yet another different size.

if you download 32x32 icons, they will be stretched in some places. if you download icons at 80x80 (not that i've ever seen any exactly that size), in some places they will be compressed. i would download one or two icons at various sizes and then see what looks best for you. i took the middle route, most of my icons are around 48x48. currently i'm using .jpgs and .gif files for my tv icons. i'm sure .png will work also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom