[confirm] Temp freeze when adding new recording plus no recordings in GUI until view change (1 Viewer)

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 RC
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Ultimate
CPU Type: Xeon 5140
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: HDHomeRun
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Using:

SAF 6.0
StreamedMP
MP-TVSeries
MovingPictures
mc2xml
EpisodeScanner

Hello,

I've been experiencing trouble with Recorded TV. First, when adding new recordings. I've setup for some shows to always record on all channels, some to always record on this channel, and some single recordings. The first few added quickly but now the interface hangs/freezes for numerous minutes before the red record dot shows up and I can begin to navigate the gui again. In the tv.log you can see how it appears to re-evaluate all recordings for conflicts. Since I have a good number or recordings set it seems to take an exceptional amount of time before I can continue. This is problem 1.

Problem 2. When I first navigate to the Recorded TV window there is nothing there But if I switch views or sorting, the shows appear.

When I first noticed the empty recorded tv window I went into MediaPortal config to the Recording section and Database import tab to try to reimport. I was shown a message that said something like this:

The columns idRecording, idChannel, idSchedule, isRecording, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, fileName, keepUntil, keepUntilDate, timesWatched, idServer, stopTime, episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart in table Recording do not exist.

I also received the same message when trying to click the import button.

Upon investigating this issue, I used the MySQL command window to check the recording table in mptvdb. I did "SHOW COLUMNS FROM recording" to see if those columns were actually there and MySQL said the table was corrupt. Not sure how that happened. Perhaps when my power went out the other day. I then did "REPAIR TABLE recording".

I could then go into the Database import tab and reimport my shows.

However, the problem still remains that when I first go into the Recorded TV window there is nothing there. Changing the view then shows the items. I can change the view back to what it was and still see the items. The problem only appears when I navigate to that screen from another.

If there is still something wrong with the recording table, how do I drop it and create a fresh one? What else could cause this problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom