Tempest EPG Generator (1 Viewer)

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hi everyone. My name is Kivanc and I am the developer of Tempest EPG Generator
which is a single php file xmltv formatted epg grabber with full GUI support. It is free and available in github on below link;

GitHub - K-vanc/Tempest-EPG-Generator: The Fastest XMLTV EPG Generating Tool with GUI and the lowest memory usage

And briefly has following features

• Graphical User Interface (GUI) & Optimization For Mobile Devices
• Multiple Website Configuration Support
• The Highest Generating Speed
• The Lowest Memory Consumption
• Multiple Platform Support (Windows/Unix etc.)
• Multiple Async URL Support Up to 10
• Full Support For XMLTV Standart Elements
• Daylight Saving Time(DST) Support For Automatic Time Offset
Changes
• Easy Configuration Maker & Editor
• Powerful & Simple Command Syntax For Combo-
Operations/Modifications
• Scrapping Engine Built with Regex (Regular Expression) For
Powerful Operations
• Built-In Cyclone Module to Add Alternative For Failed Channel
• Built-In Time Converter to Change Times of All Shows Into
Requested Time Offset (DST Support)
• Built-In Inverter Module to Transfer XMLTV Elements Into
Description With Requested Order & Style
• Built-In Fusion Module to Keep Previous Dated Shows Up to 15
Days For Catch-Up Service
• Multiple Configuration File Support Up to 5000 Channels For Each
• Remote Access, Operations & Downloading (port-forwarding
required)
• Scheduled Operations (such as crontab etc.)
• Support For Scrapping From HTML, XML, CSV, TXT, XLS, PDF
(Experimental) & More…

You can start using currently available siteconfig files (will increase day by day) or create your owns.Please do not hesitate to contact about usage etc. from here or given contact mail in github

Last edited:

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Would be nice to have more information about how to run/use it?
Sure. I made some explanation in github read.me also wrote TempestWIKI.pdf which is available in github as well for detailed explanation and usage. As a quick start, you can download "tempest.php" file from latest github release and insert to root(or any sub) folder of your php server. When you call tempest.php( i recommend a web browser for the first time users with "http://serveradress: port/tempest.php" ), it will Generate its subfolders and file into auto created "tempest_config" folder. Currently several premade siteconfig files are available in github/Siteconfig folder. You can copy the ones you want into auto created "tempest_config/site_config" folder. Now you can list the channels you want from "Tempest Configurator" tab and choose your prepared list from "EPG Generator" tab. It is very easy with GUI when you run on your browser and see what you are doing :)

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
So you need to install a PHP server, too?
Sounds difficult to use for a normal MP user.
Php servers are very simple to install. There are several ready to use php servers for Windows despite Windows's own or even php's itself has a built-in development server. Also no need to install php server to same device with mediaportal. If they are connected to same network , you are done. For example I have a rpi3 which php server installed and Tempest is located. Attached photo taken from my mobile that I can run Tempest or even download generated xmltv file. Also my kodi android box which connected to same network is getting xmltv file to update epg where generated on my rpi3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-161454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204-161454_Chrome.jpg
    141 KB

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
wow, you really went the extra mile on adding that much scrapers!
Just a question: why is there only a large encoded blob in several php files? f.e. Tempest-EPG-Generator/[ENC][EX]abc.net.au_0.siteconfig.php at main · K-vanc/Tempest-EPG-Generator
Hi and Thanks. This is Just a begining ;) it will grow day by day since I have several hundreds more and Tempest may be adjusted for any source. Once upon a time I was team member of wg+ and left for my own project. There 3 types of siteconfigs;
1)Unlocked :which all information is available and may be modified by users
2)Encoded[ENC] : source is encoded to protect websites. May be used but cannot be edited by users
3)Encoded with Expiration time[ENC][EX] : source is encoded to protect websites and there is a time limit to avoid abuse of website. May be used but cannot be edited. Will be useless after 6 months

This tool basicly for daily ordinary users who want epg for daily tv channels but for sure it will be abused by iptv providers who want to use for thousands of channels daily. So it is a precaution ( I dont know if it will work or not ) :)

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hi everyone,

I noticed that windows users have less experience with php/web servers and have some doubts about installation. So I wanted to mention how Tempest may be run and even perform scheduled operations without any server installation on Windows enviroments. First you need to download a php release from official php website. There are 2 types as "thread safe(ts)" and "non thread safe(nts)". If you notice any slow run etc, try other type. Then after;

Extract downloaded content from archive

(Below steps may be added into a bat file for scheduled operations)

cd \folder\of\extracted\php\ => (your final destination shall be location of php.exe file)

php \file\path\of\tempest.php engine=Generate tempconf=nameof.config.xml

exit

(End of file)
So you completed grabbing without any install but with cli mode, you can do only grabbing operations and you will miss all the advanced features such as on screen channel generator, channel list selector/indexer etc. For all other GUI operations, you will need a server which is hosting tempest.php file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom