Template for webepg Using tvguide.com instead of IMDb.com? (1 Viewer)

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    is it possible to continue using the webepg plugin by just going to tvguide.com for the data?

I was able to customize the provided template for my location, but am not nearly savvy enough to start from scratch. If any of you more savvy individuals could help I would be most grateful!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

is it possible to continue using the webepg plugin by just going to tvguide.com for the data?
    No.

I was able to customize the provided template for my location, but am not nearly savvy enough to start from scratch. If any of you more savvy individuals could help I would be most grateful!!!
    I understand.

The bad news for you is that so far I haven't seen any indications that anybody is trying to make a WebEPG grabber template for tvguide.com. People have preferred alternative solutions. For example, for tvguide.com data people are using zap2xml with TV Server's XMLTV plugin:
    zap2xml
    XMLTV mc2xml

You say that you're not savvy enough to start from scratch. Fact is: switching over to an alternative source might be the only option.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    I am now using EPGBuddy with XMLTV and it seems to be working great! I guess sometimes an old dog can indeed learn a new trick...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Unfortunately as of earlier this week I am no longer getting fresh data from zap2it.com.
    I am using EPGBuddy to get the data and importing it with XMLTV, worked perfectly for a week or so...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom