TerraTec H7 tuner & Windows 10 crash (1 Viewer)

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have recently upgraded my HTPC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, the TerraTec H7 drivers apparently do not support Windows 10; Windows crashes with a blue screen whenever I try to use the tuner (both in MP or the TerraTec DVBViewer).

I have already sent an email to TerraTec to request updated drivers, but so far without response. Does anyone know of a way to get the TerraTec H7 to work correctly with Windows 10? For example, is there any compatible product from which I could try the drivers?

For now I'm only using the IR receiver from this tuner, which works OK. I also have a 4-tuner HDHomeRun, so it isn't a big issue but it would be nice if I can get this tuner to work again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which version/revision of the H7 do you have? (It makes a difference.)
    Which version of the driver were you trying to use?

Note this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ying-after-first-attempt.132016/#post-1164979

AFAIK Elgato tuners are OEM TerraTec. So:
    1. Check if there's a driver available from Windows Update.
    2. If using an N or KN version of Windows, try installing the Media Pack.
    3. Check if the BSOD is really caused by the tuner driver; it could be the USB controller driver.

rsenden

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    Rotterdam, NL
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for pointing me to the other thread. I did a quick search but didn't find this thread before.

I'm not sure how many versions of the H7 there are; on Windows 7 only the older drivers worked (the Rev.4 driver didn't work). I'm currently using the following driver package: TERRATEC (UDST7000BDA) Media (10/25/2010 1.00.07.601).

Windows Update didn't find any drivers, so I will look whether I can find any Elgato drivers that work with my H7. The BSOD seems to be caused by the tuner driver; when analyzing the memory dump with WinDbg it shows 'Probably caused by : TerraTecUsbBda.sys ( TerraTecUsbBda+35c6 )'.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure how many versions of the H7 there are.
    AFAIK there are 4. The first 3 seem to use the same driver, so maybe only minor differences. However r4 has a completely separate/different driver.

...on Windows 7 only the older drivers worked (the Rev.4 driver didn't work).
    Okay, so that means you don't have r4 hardware. Best driver to use is almost certainly the one from here ("TERRATEC_H7_Drv_Setup_1.00.07.601_XP_Vista_7_8_**Bit.exe"):
    http://terratec.ultron.info/Receiver/TerraTec_H7/Updates/

I'm currently using the following driver package: TERRATEC (UDST7000BDA) Media (10/25/2010 1.00.07.601).
    This may or may not be the latest version. TerraTec driver version numbers are a bit confusing.

Windows Update didn't find any drivers, so I will look whether I can find any Elgato drivers that work with my H7.
    Please be very careful. There's a chance that doing this could damage the hardware. I would only try this as a last resort.

The BSOD seems to be caused by the tuner driver; when analyzing the memory dump with WinDbg it shows 'Probably caused by : TerraTecUsbBda.sys ( TerraTecUsbBda+35c6 )'.
    Okay, then your problem may be different to the other thread. In that case the BSOD was caused by the USB controller driver:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...fter-first-attempt.132016/page-2#post-1165820

Is the tuner connected to a USB 2 port?
    Are you able to supply any TV Server logs? (I know that a BSOD is expected, but the log file may give some clues about whether the tuner is really fully incompatible or not.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom