TerraTec T USB XS packaged Remote (1 Viewer)

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Hi there,
i´ve got myself this dvb-t stick just to view tv on my tablet pc while travelling which is very satisfying! (no commercial, just feedback ;-)

one cool fact is that one gets an usb infrared receiver and a remote control packaged with that!

so far, so good. now the idea: my intent is to use the infrared receiver/remote control to control mediaportal ;-) (remember the WAF!)

till this, i´ve been using my wireless keyboard and mouse, but just pressing "tv" button on the remote or the "record" button, would be very nice an increasing WAF.

i tried some default settings like "MCE remote control" or "HID" but the effects are a little weak. up, down, left, rigth and pause are working, but i think this is only because of the remote control software from terratec, which install a standard HID input device which i suppose to control windows xp, not mp.

another fact is, that remote control software from terratec seems to be very flexible in button mapping but: i just got button mapping with uppercase letters to work. along with "my keys" plugin i now can enable fullscreen tv when in tv (a little step ahead but far away from increased WAF ;-))
although there is some rudementary description on how to edit the config files for the remote, i tried to configure it (it looks like ascii codes to be entered for keyboard pressing emulation), but it doesn´t recognize any change ;-(

so i´m going to cry for help: is there someone out there owning the same parts or has some idea how to manage all that?

or: does someone know how to reach the developer of the "HID Remote" configuration of mp to get some help on how to configure the HID mapping instead of configuring the other "end", which doesn´t help??

many thanks to you all, mp rules ;-))

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
- edit: if i´m using the combination in mp remote settings of "mce keyboard and remote" and "HID" some more functions are working. however, is there someone being able to explain the part of "Microsoft mce.xml" for example:
- <button name="Record" code="23">
<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="501" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="113" sound="click.wav" />
<action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="89" sound="click.wav" />
to me?
means cmdproperty an ascii code like pressing "Y"
where can i get the conproperty numbers to identify when the actions work?
TIA, LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom