[Test] Plugin voice remote controle (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
thinking way ahead into the future, with music, i'd love it to work like this: :p

if you say "play x", mp would play the album called x
if you say "play some x", mp checks if an artist exists called x, and if so, fills the playlist with all the songs by that artist and starts playing on random. if x is a genre, it does the same thing but with all songs of that genre. then you could just say "play some rancid" or "play some reggae" and mp knows what to do :D

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
FlipGer said:
Ok, in the first step, basic control. Let the user define a keyword like "htpc", "tv", "computer" or "baby". :)
And give him basic movement:
- htpc up
- htpc down
- htpc left
- htpc right
- htpc enter
- htpc exit

I had started a non-mediaportal system using features like that, but when I showed it to friends, they were annoyed to constantly have to say "htpc".
I was thinking of a slightly different approach where you use a keyword like htpc, it starts a 5 second timer until you say something like up, down, etc. If you don't say anything, it reverts back to just understanding "htpc"

buddyrandom

June 13, 2006
it would be sweet if, in the dev cycle between basic up / down and fuzzy logic matches - there are 'program listings' and 'channel xx' commands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom