Tetris and Sudoku on StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

Tesla

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not sure if this is a MP core problem, skin, or plugin ... but I thought I would post it here since it appears the files are trying to be fetched from the skin dir.

When I try to play Tetris or Sudoku, it says:

Missing or Invalid file:
C:\Program Files\Team Media Portal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\mytetris.xml

Missing or Invalid file:
C:\Program Files\Team Media Portal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\mynumberplace.xml

I checked and sure enough, the files are not there.

I'm running a fairly new/clean install of just:
MediaPortal v1.0
StreamedMP-0.4.298.exe (w/ TV-Series and Moving Pictures)
MyFilms 4.8.0

BTW ... way cool Skin. Also love the installer-bundle idea. The HTPC comes together super fast.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What there are games with MP? :O

They are obviously not there because no one has skinned those.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Not so obvious to new users. I had the same problem - a fresh install of MediaPortal and a browse of all available skins led me to this one so I installed it. It seemed really strange that you can't access default menu items since it is logical to assume that all core functions would work in a skin followed by add-ons.

Of course, I now understand things a bit better, but things like this aren't obvious. They're logical only after either an explanation or the gaining of deeper understanding of MP and skins.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Note that skin is still in beta and not everything is done. There is a lot. :)

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Temporary Work-Around

Oh, ok ... I see.

But just so you know, I wasn't complaining ... Really just mentioning it to the authors in case the file was available but got left out somehow in the last upload.

I understand now a little more how it works. I guess they know and have a handle on it.

But I will mention that another missing one (for a base included plugin) is myburner.xml .

I've found that as a temporary fix, I can copy the missing files from Blue3wide and sometimes they work fair (but the formatting of some elements is a little off). I only mention it because without the base .xml file you can't even begin to see what the plugin does (without switching the Skin I suppose).

I look forward to the next StreamedMP release. I know they have more important things to work on, but maybe some of these last few will make it in there.

Hello Spuck ... I knew I had seen your handle before somewhere ... thanks again for the excellent skin. You guys are doing a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom