The CPU Usage remains high after playing video has been stopped (1 Viewer)

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 last SVN
Windows Version: XP-SP2 updated
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 4400
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard: Abit
Video Card: Gainward 7950GT

It seems, that i've found a bug. After any playing video (avi, divx) has been completely stopped (No preview also), the CPU usage remains high, as if the video would be playing in the background. As a system developer i would say that this is a bug. Any ideas?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi & welcome to MediaPortal forum.
    As a system developer you should know how to attach logs ;)
    When it comes to avi & divx it's most probably due to codecs(some of us have seen that before), but logs will tell if anything else it's going on.

Regards
    Roy

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    sure :), here are all log files attached. It seems that you are right with codecs. I've tried to play two similar (avi/divx) files. The CPU usage for the first one is very low. As for the second one the cpu usage goes to 50% (dual core) and remains at this level after the movie has been stopped.
    Regards,

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    yes, filmerit is good... to bring the system to unrepairable crush :) After i've spent two hours to restore the system from a backup, the problem was solved.. No more high cpu usage... :) So this is not a bug, but just one more codes issue.
    Thanks for help.
    Regards.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Thx for letting us know, dunno how your experience it's with nero(saw that the filter was used) but here i have had nothing but troubles with it(Vista x64)?

Btw, i'm now using vista codecs pack + latest ffdshow tryout & so far it plays everything i have tried ;)

Regards
    Roy

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I've tried to start MediaPortal as admin on Windows Vista x64. The problem is that when i try to play any video file in My Videos, the main screen is getting minimized and that's all. I see the desktop and can not change to the MediaPortal application even with mouse. :( I have now only LCD monitor attached via DVI. The videocard is
    7950GT. All my videos can be played normally with media player but not in MediaPortal. I have also vista codecs package installed. This is actually my development computer, another one, which will be used as mediacenter does not yet have vista installed.

Ok, the problem was issued by installed Divx codec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom