The IMDB+ Scrape is not first! (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

I'm always getting this message when I starup the plugin.. I choose for Yes, but everytime I'll use it again I have to correct it, and do a manual refresh of all movies..

Is there a way to set the IMDB+ scraper as first scraper and keep it? Have done a search in Movingpictures, but can't find it.. Also did a search in the wiki, but without result..

See the image bellow for the whole error..

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      144.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you attach the logs after clicking yes.

Also you can configure it to be first from movingpics config.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think its not working because its currently set -1 which means its disabled. Did you accidently disable it?

You can manually re-enable by going to MovPics config->Importer Settings->Movie Details Data Sources and make IMDb+ first.

I guess we should auto re-enable as well if you press Yes.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the same issue I think and I did not change the myself was it an update of movpics or imdb+ maybe?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I had the same issue I think and I did not change the myself was it an update of movpics or imdb+ maybe?

The Moving-Pictures plugin has a lot of 'repair' logic inside, which for example if you delete all the categories will recreate the default ones. It does the same to scraper-scripts, so if you delete them all, it will re-add the default ones. There is even an option inside the "Movie Details Data Sources" window via the gear icon to "Reload Default Sources" and fix problems with the default setup. It might be that during a Moving-Pictures upgrade it gets a little overzealous and disables IMDb+. However no matter how many different scenarios I try on my own test box, I'm never able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing.

None the less it seems to be a problem that rears its ugly head on occasion, so code will be added to the IMDb+ plugin that when it re-positions IMDb+ in first position it will also re-enable it (just to be sure).

If anybody however is able to tell me "do this, then click here, then do that" and I can repeat the problem on this test box, then I got the first important step done to actually solve the root of the problem. Otherwise you have to constantly open the IMDb+ plugin to verify if things are still configured the way they should, and that's just annoying :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom