The nasty "Localhost" bug in gentle.config is back... (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    Hi.
    Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my main HTPC (due some hardware changes). After fresh Win7 install I decide to do a fresh MP install also, not simply restore complete MP installation with backup settings as usual. On local machine all went well as expected but my other clients aren't able to connect to TV Server. I can see the red dot if a recording was active but no EPG, no recordings, no live TV... I finally find the reason in gentle.config on my main htpc. The MySQL connection was set to "localhost". So on main htpc (singleseat) TV was working. But other clients could not connect to the Server. After manual edit of gentle.config (change "localhost" to PC name, "Pille" in this case) all is working as it should. See attached files. gentle-original.zip is the file created by deploy tool and gentle-working is the manual edited and working file I use now....

I thought we had sorted out this long ago, but now it seems as if it's back again...

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Do a fresh install of MP 1.2.3 and use an already installed and working MySQL server for database.
    2) Look at gentle.config...

Attachments

• Gentle-Original.zip
      2 KB
    • Gentle-working.zip
      2 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you exit MP and restart it, does it fix the problem? I did a clean install a couple of days ago, and saw this, but when I exited and restarted all was well.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you exit MP and restart it, does it fix the problem?
    No unfortunately not. I've restarted MP (and the HTPC also) often before I grab the gentle.config file. But maybe you've installed MySQL via deploy tool. I have installed MySQL before MP...
    It's no big deal if you know what to do. Simple edit of gentle.config. But this should not be necessary anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom