The new default skin (1 Viewer)

WildW

Portal Member
November 21, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So what happened? I haven't reinstalled MediaPortal since 1.0, but I changed hardware and needed to reinstall, only to find the default skin has changed to . . . well. . . rubbish. My main issue is that where before I used to get most of the screen width used to display item titles, half of the screen width is now thrown away on non-existant metadata, and all the menus are shrunk into a little space. .. can't see episode titles. It's not like I'm running at a small resolution either, I have 1920 pixels across.

mpskin.jpg

Okay, so I only posted this to moan I suppose . . . it just seems like such a backwards step, when the old standard skin was all I ever wanted. I could read entire filenames :p

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Many people arent very fond of the new defult skin, all I can suggest is to check out the skins section to see if there is something you like.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi WildW

Are you using the wide or 4:3 version of the default skin there?

mm

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm, not using tvseries plugin, that would give you pretty graphics and summary, none of which is seen using my video's

2 must have plugins TVSeries\MovingPictures, even if you do not want to use the skin, install StreamedMP, this installs all the main plugins for you, any further questions, just ask.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Many people arent very fond of the new defult skin, all I can suggest is to check out the skins section to see if there is something you like.

Hi , just a note ... Many People do like the new Default skin...:)

WildW i think ,he wont Tv Series plugin ... but he add his TV folder to My Videos plugin ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom