blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys

I just wondered if the owners of this project can comment on the path forward for the Avalon skin. It's my impression that nothing seems to have happened here for a while, and that any changes to the skin seem to be done through the user mods, rather than through official and regular releases.

I've been using Avalon for quite some time, and I really like it. However it is frustrating that the latest relase is now so old, and if I want to update parts of it (say for example World Weather) I'd need to find the particular post with the xml file and patch it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

you're right in your findings.. The idea of an open source project is that everyone is free to help where ever he/she can/will.. At this moment, more people are active with Avallonis; the modded skin of Avalon, so if you want to see more support you can maybe try that skin.

Personally I'm not active at this moment with Avallonis because I'm waiting for MP 1.3.0 beta that comes with "Titan" the new skin for Mediaportal.. As this skin will be the next default one, I expect a lot of support from the comunity.. So if you like the mockups you have maybe seen so far, you can try that skin when it is released and I'm shure there will be the kind of support and progress you're asking for! :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There is a 1.3.0 branch on the github avalon project. But the creators are very busy with titan, so I am not sure when they will have time to put together a new release. I do pray that there will be one soon'ish because I am also using Avalon on my systems. :)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have a little more time and i have start work on Avalon. The Avalon 1.3.0 branch is updated and ready to use with MP 1.3 RC. I will more work in the next days on Avalon.

greetz dlarge

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @dlarge500
    can you encourage us please if Avalon may be released for MP 1.3.0, as it is out now... I don`t really know how I can apply the 1.3 branch of avalon from GitHub :( does it work with 1.3 final also? Should I expect bugs? Unnoticable transition to 1.3 is a must because of wife and kids...

Edit: I got it work! maybe not an elegant way but it works :)
    1. download Avalon 1.2 beta here
    2. install it on MP 1.3.0 (without plugins, specially without InfoService Plugin, this is uncompatible with 1.3)
    3. install latest fanart handler, world weather and moving pictures plugins in Extension Installer
    4. download the 1.3 branch from github here (click on "branches" from the top bar, choose MP1.3, choose "skin" folder from the tree and download this folder as a ZIP file by clicking on "zip" on the top menu bar)
    5. Copy the skin folder over the MP/Skins/Avalon folder with windows explorer (merge folders and replace files)

so you have the basic screen editor plugin and no version error message in MP.

Last edited:

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i work on Avalon and in the next two weeks i think cames a new Version for MP 1.4.:)

Last edited:

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That is fantastic to hear. Avalon is too good to be left and forgotten. Really looking forward for a new update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom