The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi 4Fred

I'd be happy to check the tuning details except the link in your earlier post is broken. Where can I find the list of new frequencies?

For DreamBox it looks like this:
    <transponder frequency="322000" symbol_rate="6875000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3"/>

In MePo we have files looking like this:
    <DVBCTuning>
    <Frequency>322000</Frequency>
    <ModulationType>Mod64Qam</ModulationType>
    <SymbolRate>6875</SymbolRate>
    </DVBCTuning>

I don't get how to convert this info and what is needed?
    What is fec_inner witch is 0 or 1, what is modulation witch is 3 or 5 in the DreamBox xml file? My (non educated guess) is that this is something like Mod64Qam or Mod256Qam but have no ideaAnyone have knowledge and can help?
    You can ignore the "fec_inner" thing. It looks like you've guessed correctly with the frequency and symbol rate. If the two modulation values in the Dreambox details are 3 and 5 then I would also guess like you have done (3 = Mod64Qam, 5 = Mod256Qam). If you've done that already then the details that you've added are probably correct. :)

mm

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The list I've used is posted here (In Swedish) Frekvenslista Com Hem - Sidan 2 look at the post from IronNuke.
    That list is fairly complete but not 100% :/ That's the list I converted to MePo format and that worked out just fine.
    One thing is Showtime channel witch is found on the wrong transponder but does not work, another one is Canal+ Extra 4 (PPV channel), both channels are found but error msg is "No Signal".
    So there is nothing wrong with the file itself, but I'm missing a few frequency's.

My guess is that ComHem are separating parts of the network and redirecting clients somehow, when asking a transponder I can get at reply from it but and a list of channels on it but I cannot get a TV signal from it. They use something they call "Network Number" (nätnummer in swedish) that is different in different parts of the network. My network number (Jönköping) is 41031 and all of them are listed here: Vad är nätnummer och vart hittar jag detta? - Com Hem To view the PDF click the link named Nätnummer and that brings up a PDF.

Comhem only supplies support for THEIR hardware, for anything else they provide a list of suppliers for support, basically different TV vendors...

So... I need something to "scan" the whole network from my end (including duplicate channels from different transponders) to find witch works and then delete the not working duplicates and export a list of all channels and the convert this to a completed Sweden.Comhem Jönköping.xml that we can use in MePo. That's my guess anyway...

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do you Clear all channels before scanning? My experience is that MP doesn't remove missing channels if it's not found in a second scan. Or if there's a new channel added and one removed on the same frequency it might be listed with a different name.

Perhaps you can get some help from IronNuke since he should also have the same problem?

I don't think we can use network numbers in MP.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did not only clear all channels, I connected the USB stick to another computer and installed it and single seat MP on that computer to make really really sure...

IronNuke may not have the channel and might not be able to test it... I don't have all channels (far from) but when testing channels I get channel is scrambeled and not "no signal".

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Problem solved!
    The reason that some channels did not work for me was a faulty antenna cable, there was never anything wrong with the tuningparameters file!

Ran into a friend of mine who I knew used MePo but I thought he was using DVB-S, but he had moved and was now using DVB-C. I asked him about my issue and he didn't have the problem, and he had downloaded and used my file posted in an earlier post in this thread. When I got home I replaced my antenna cable and ta-daaaa! Everything worked :)

My previous post is updated and file in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-c-sweden-comhem-new-tuningparameters-103065/ is updated with verified file - problem solved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom