The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (1 Viewer)

hassegubben

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Uppsala
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I also have a Terratec H7 in my drawer. I really wish a developer could investigate why so many people have problems getting two FloppyDTV-C/CI to work. There must be something fishy with the CI/CAM handling. The more I read in the forums, the more I realise that lots of users of FloppyDTVs give up and only use one card.

Anyone using two or more FloppyDTV-C/CI for Comhem? If so - what CAM versions are you on?

Combelu

March 18, 2011
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hello all,
I am field test engineer for a company based in the UK called digital TV labs, you may (or may not) have heard of us. Anyways, right now I am on a trip around the capitals of Scandinavian countries, recording transport stream files from a selection of cable tv providers in each country. I am now in Stockholm in Sweden, but I have found out that the apartment I am staying in (for the Comhem cable tv connection) only has analog signals and no digital multiplexers!! :mad:
This is seriously annoying, and as I'm only here for 2 nights, I barely have time to find another apartment at such short notice.

So, I am writing this to find out if there is anyone reading this who lives in Stockholm and has digital cabe tv supplied by Comhem. And if you do, and are willing to offer me use of this for a couple fo hours over the weekend, I would be very grateful, and there would be a cash reward, say 500K?

Post below or message me if you would like to help me out.
Thanks
Hector

:D

xmats

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Going back to MP. An adventure in many, many parts... :rolleyes:

Decided I wanted to go back to MP again to be able to get multi-seat TV and to not have to have 3 different boxes to play TV/BR/video. Built an HTPC and installed all the basics, and even got the plugins working now (my tv-series and moving pictures, wow...)

The problem i keep failing to fix is that I can only tune the analog channels from the old Hauppage -150 card, and not the channels from the TT C-1501 (with CAM). Scanning the channels went just fine, but when I try to preview the digital channels in tv-server or tune them in MP, I just get the error "Unable to start graph".

Have tried upgrading the drivers, changing the codecs (tried both cyberlink that came with the card and the ffd-show ones from SAF 5.0), changing the number of channels to decode for the CAM and a bunch of different other things. Getting very frustrated, because I can't get it to work in MP. Meanwhile, it works just fine to watch the channels in TT-mediacenter app that came with the card. MP sees the CAM(I can bring up the CAM-menu in TV-server and browse around in it).

Has anyone got any ideas of what I should try next ?

Oh, and EPG seems semi-functional, I did get program-info at one point, but that has since gone away and I have not gotten to the point of starting to work on that yet.

Running MP 1.1.3 on XP (with the dvb-fix installed)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ComHem is doing some stuff to their network. They started in my area (Jönköping) so i'm pretty sure we need to do something to the tuning parameters...

(Link only in Swedish) Information from ComHem, read secrion "Kanalomläggning": Kanalomläggning - Com Hem

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This thread (Swedish): http://www.minhembio...rams=ss=kanalom
    There is info about editing a xml file containing the new tuning parameters for ComHem if you are using a dreambox after they have changes some frequencies, but I cant figure out how to "convert" this info to MediaPortal.

For DreamBox it looks like this:
    <transponder frequency="322000" symbol_rate="6875000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3"/>

In MePo we have files looking like this:
    <DVBCTuning>
    <Frequency>322000</Frequency>
    <ModulationType>Mod64Qam</ModulationType>
    <SymbolRate>6875</SymbolRate>
    </DVBCTuning>

I don't get how to convert this info and what is needed?
    What is fec_inner witch is 0 or 1, what is modulation witch is 3 or 5 in the DreamBox xml file? My (non educated guess) is that this is something like Mod64Qam or Mod256Qam but have no idea.
    Anyone have knowledge and can help?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would gladly do that, but is there anyway I can scan the network and make absolutely sure that there is nothing missing? I don't have all channels so I cannot view them all and verify...?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you make an advanced scan for transponders you should find all frequencies and channels. Start by clicking Clear so that you're sure there's no channels left from earlier scans. You should find around 156 channels. Only way to be sure is to compare channels with Com hem's web page.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't know how to fix all this... when searching for transponder I never find more than 40 something channels, and when I do that on different transponders I cannot get all channels I have to work. My guess is that during the transition that they do in different parts of the network different channels are findable but not viewable at different locations.

I have a computer to test on, I have a DVB-C (Terratech H6) that I can connect to a testcomputer for scanning and testing but I lack the knowledge how to piece it all together... need help! The best I can do is the file posted above and that is about 90% - 95% correct, but not 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom