The wellton way user friendly skin (1 Viewer)

rovanve

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
I'm always looking for better skins to make equipment easier to use. Because not the technology is importanr, we always thinking that it is, but the way a program can be used intuitively is more and more important.

I was surfing and and founs the following site:

http://www.welltonway.com/danish.htm

I'm not a programmer (not anymore) but may be it is an idea to look to this skin. I think it can be easily copied to media portal and it is very friendly to use.
However, it is an other way of thinking than MCE does.

normanbates

October 29, 2004
I helped a friend configuring Welltonway and actually got surprised over the many functions the program has. It seems to be very stable as well.

All MP skins look the same with their scrolling vertical menus. It guess it is because everyone uses the same framework. I haven't tested Welltonway enough to judge if it is better than MP but It would for sure be nice to have alternative ways to interact with MP.

Keep up the good work all developers!

/Micael

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Interesting..

Interesting front-end but I am clearly seeing the TV is GBpvr wrapped in a front-end. I can't comment on the rest but the usability is unique

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi normanbates,

..yes you right we have in all skins the scrolling vertical menus in Homescreen. So they all look a little bit same.
    There are many ideas for other Homescreendesign but the problem is that mp only can use the scrolling vertical menue. So the skinner can not do anything new for that.
    I hope the programmers will give us in the future some more Possibilities in the engine , so that we can do something new on homescreen.
    With the old Skinengine in the beginning of mp we have can do that, but with the newer engine it is no more possible.
    The proggrammer have do that, i think, because the funktions and plugins would be more and more. So it would be easyer with the scrolling menue.
    But sure it would be better we have more Possibilities.

Greetings 8) Harley

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Can't comment on the usability as I've never used it but aesthetically I think this look is horrible, very Windows 3.1 and certainely not something that would do the latest plasma or DLP justice.

However all of our skins do follow a common theme and it sure would be nice to have something completely different. As Harley suggested, hopefully some changes will take place at a code level that make new and exciting skins a possibility.

Cheers,
    Smirnoff.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Smirnuff said:
    Can't comment on the usability as I've never used it but aesthetically I think this look is horrible, very Windows 3.1 and certainely not something that would do the latest plasma or DLP justice.

I agree. I see it as more of an on screen remote with buttons everywhere. I want new skins like everyone else (especially the Pro looking skin **hint hint**) but I don't want them to go this route.

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Groningen, Netherlands
    I just watched the video, and it really looks horrid. For the first time I happy that skinners haven't got to much choice with the MP home screen. :D
    Also, looking at the price quickly reminds you how unique it is what the MP developers are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom