MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi, I've registered me, but I can't login :confused:
    is this still under construction?

You need to click the activation link we sent you via email, did you do that? Your account will not be useable until this has been done.

Let me know!

yes I did! hirscho explained exactly what is wrong

Maybe you can also activate my user manually (RoXoR)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    uhm please dont go adding dvd covers as posters :p

Absolutely.

The definition of "Poster" should be clarified ... also, I suggest a minimum width res of 1280, to match the minimum width res of Fan Art (see the correlation?)

... and maybe a separate provision to download Cover Art (cropped fronts) in a reasonably common size (I use 510x755 a lot)

I really don't use Posters for anything else other than generating Fan Art. I use Covers to identify my Movie collection, and Fan Art displayed in the background.

regards

Chuck

travisbell

Portal Member
    September 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The definition of "Poster" should be clarified ... also, I suggest a minimum width res of 1280, to match the minimum width res of Fan Art (see the correlation?)

I think 1000x1500 is pretty much a safe minimum, maximum. A lot of the other sites out there have this size requirement and I don't see any reason to not make our content as compatible as possible.

... and maybe a separate provision to download Cover Art (cropped fronts) in a reasonably common size (I use 510x755 a lot)

As per our discussion here we haven't really nailed down anything re: dvd covers yet. If people are uploading them as posters, that's definitely not right. As it stands right now we have backdrops and posters. That's all.

I really don't use Posters for anything else other than generating Fan Art. I use Covers to identify my Movie collection, and Fan Art displayed in the background.

Fair enough but there are lots of good applications for them like XBMC uses posters, and so does John's Moving Pictures.

Thanks guys!

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you can also activate my user manually (RoXoR)

Done. It doesn't look like you clicked the activation link. Regardless, you should be able to login now.

thanks. it's working now
    but I checked the activation email once again
    the first time I didn't realize that this email is strangely from welcome @ omdb

Please confirm your registration with themoviedb.org
    Hallo!

Du hast dich bei omdb (http://www.omdb.org) registriert.

Dein Account wurde noch nicht freigeschaltet. Um die Registrierung abzuschließen,
    klicke bitte auf den folgenden Link oder kopiere diese URL in die Adressleiste deines Browsers:

http://www.omdb.org/account/activate/...

Vielen Dank!
    Dein omdb-Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom