[solved] "There is no player registered to play media item 'stream X.X'" - now have this message on 2 clients (1 Viewer)

Paul F

Portal Member
April 11, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing live TV and give the same message: "There is no player registered to play item 'media stream X.X' ".

I have been on holiday and both clients have needed a windows update on return so suspect this may be part of the issue?

I have tried re-installing MP2.4 on one of the clients but it still has the same issue. I have made sure that the video codes use LAV. Not sure what to try next.
example client logs attached - last test of playing TV from guide on the client at 9:08/9:09.

[Note everything else seems to be working fine on the server and clients - photos, videos, showing the guide etc]

Thanks
Paul F

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-12-24-09.09.14.zip
    134.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

your logs are full of:
    [2022-12-24 09:01:24,535] [6549 ] [55 ] [WARN ] - UPnP: Could not enter read lock. Caller: at UPnP.Infrastructure.ReadContext..ctor(ReaderWriterLockSlim rwLock, Int32 timeout)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.SSDP.SSDPClientController.OnSSDPUnicastReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

This indicates a network communication issue. It could be windows changes network or firewall settings.
    1. Stop the server
    2. Remove (or move somewhere else as backup) the folders C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config
    3. Restart the client
    4. If the server is not connected yet, connect it in General -> Connectivity -> Home server
    Additionally you may also try installing LAV manually gain.

Paul F

Portal Member
    April 11, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Ge2301

Thanks for the help

I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that
    it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away.
    (I would have tried a restart on the server before but it was always busy recording TV programs)

Merry Christmas
    Paul F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom