"There is no player registered to play media item......" (1 Viewer)

mjn

Portal Member
September 20, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thought i'd create a new thread for this issue as my original importing issues have been mostly resolved.

So, i've tried three different clients and they all have the same issues playing some blu-ray streams from HDD in the format of BDMV folders. Some films work, some fail with the "There is no player registered to play media item......."

I've attached logs from one of the clients and a screengrab of the notification. What's confusing is that some films work, some don't. They've all been ripped with the same way, with the same software.

Attachments

• there is no registered player.jpeg
    there is no registered player.jpeg
    2.5 MB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-10-07-19.25.27.zip
    157.2 KB

mjn

Portal Member
September 20, 2018
Home Country
Ok......i've made progress. If i'm logged in as me (administrator), blu-ray images play fine but if i log in as a teenage user, blu-ray don't play.

Is this is bug?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok......i've made progress. If i'm logged in as me (administrator), blu-ray images play fine but if i log in as a teenage user, blu-ray don't play.

Is this is bug?
    Perhaps you have restricted any rights for the teenage account. Compare the settings with the admin account and you’ll find out the differences. If you change the settings of the teenage account to the same as for the admin account and Blu-ray still do not play, then it’s probably a bug.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Perhaps you have restricted any rights for the teenage account. Compare the settings with the admin account and you’ll find out the differences. If you change the settings of the teenage account to the same as for the admin account and Blu-ray still do not play, then it’s probably a bug.

I removed all restrictions from the Teenager account but it still cannot play blu-ray disc images. The only filter is for age stuff.

I also created another administrator account and applied an age filter, same result, "there is no player registered to play item......"

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I removed all restrictions from the Teenager account but it still cannot play blu-ray disc images. The only filter is for age stuff.

I also created another administrator account and applied an age filter, same result, "there is no player registered to play item......"
    @henso are you able to play Blu-rays? There seem to be some unintended restrictions for removable drives.
    @mjn are you able to reproduce the problem also with DVD’s?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso are you able to play Blu-rays?
    My guess would be that you need to setup the players and codec settings for the Teenage account.
    For BluRay specifically: Settings -> Players -> Codecs -> Splitter -> BluRay Source Filter.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    My guess would be that you need to setup the players and codec settings for the Teenage account.
    For BluRay specifically: Settings -> Players -> Codecs -> Splitter -> BluRay Source Filter.

I checked and there is only one option, "LAV Splitter" and it is ticked.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I checked and there is only one option, "LAV Splitter" and it is ticked.
    Yes, it shows the default option if none are selected (doesn't mean it's saved yet). If you click the ok button it should be saved to file and after that you should be able to play the bluray. I could play blurays with a Teenage account after doing this.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Yes, it shows the default option if none are selected (doesn't mean it's saved yet). If you click the ok button it should be saved to file and after that you should be able to play the bluray. I could play blurays with a Teenage account after doing this.

Yes, that looks to have fixed it. I'll do some further testing once at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom