[solved] There is no player registered to play media item (1 Viewer)

BenRichards

Portal Member
August 17, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another.
The client is connected to the server.

When I try to watch TV, the server does start to stream (see photo), but after a few seconds the stream stops
MP.jpg
MP Error.jpg
, and I get the error message (see photo).

On a side note, I can NOT stream video's using Universal Media Server either. Once again the client connects, but the stream never plays.

Note. I can play ANY video format on both client and server using standalone players like VLC.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    When I try to watch TV, the server does start to stream (see photo)
    Your screen shot is of the MP1 version of "TV Server Config". That is indicated by the presence of "EPG Genre Map" and "Import/Export" in the side menu; the MP2 version does not have those choices.

Possibly you previously had MP1 installed, and now have a mixture of MP1 and MP2 on your system? As far as I know, it is not possible to mix MP1 with MP2; that is, client and server must be from the same version of MP, either both MP1 or both MP2.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

BenRichards

Portal Member
    August 17, 2020
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response.

No. I can assure you I have installed MP2.5 Server only (No GUI) on my computer.

I have never installed MP1.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I can assure you I have installed MP2.5 Server only (No GUI) on my computer.
    Sorry about that -- I was getting confused with TVE 3.5, which does lack the two choices that I mentioned in my previous post.

As to the cause of your problem, I regret that I cannot offer any help there. Hopefully one of the MP2 team will be along soon to offer some advice.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another.
    The client is connected to the server.

When I try to watch TV, the server does start to stream (see photo), but after a few seconds the stream stopsView attachment 213469View attachment 213470, and I get the error message (see photo).

On a side note, I can NOT stream video's using Universal Media Server either. Once again the client connects, but the stream never plays.

Note. I can play ANY video format on both client and server using standalone players like VLC.
    Have you tried to restart the server once? In this case it helped already?
    Also this thread could help. It's related to MP1, but another user could resolve it also in MP2 with help of this thread.
    If nothing helps, please attach log files in debug mode.

BenRichards

Portal Member
    August 17, 2020
    Home Country
    Thanks for the responses.

I've worked out what the problem is, and it's a network issue and nothing to do with media portal.

Because of the way my network is setup, my client pc has an ip: 192.168.10.20, but media portal is trying to send the stream to 192.168.1.9 which is a secureNAT.

This explains why UMS didn't work either.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the responses.

I've worked out what the problem is, and it's a network issue and nothing to do with media portal.

Because of the way my network is setup, my client pc has an ip: 192.168.10.20, but media portal is trying to send the stream to 192.168.1.9 which is a secureNAT.

This explains why UMS didn't work either.
    Nice you could resolve the issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom