There is no TV Client Setup in my Media Portal Configuration Screen (1 Viewer)

Scamps

September 12, 2013
On the coast
Home Country
England England
Hello.

I just installed MediaPortal and followed the instructions. I am selected single seat on my Laptop to try it out.

I have a USB single tuner HDTV attached. The TV server seems to have configured fine with all the channels found and testing ok. I have seen the TV server show a test window with a channel playing in it.

I now try to configure the MediaPortal Client but unlike the help file, there is no 'TV' option available in the MediaPortal Config app, so I cannot link the client to the server.

What have I got wrong?

Scamps

September 12, 2013
On the coast
Home Country
England England
Just in case I haven't explained myself. Here is the config dialog - without TV option on the menu
MPScreenshot01.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Please check the "plugins" section in MP configuration and ensure that both the radio and TV plugins are enabled.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the response. The Windows Plugins which I think should be there are not. Both Radio and TV are missing.
    ...which means the TV plugin is not installed. I can't tell how you managed to get into this situation without log files from the installer. The easiest way to fix the problem is uninstall MP and TV Server (you can keep your settings), then reinstall.

If you do the simple install, be sure to select "yes, I will use MP to watch TV" at this step:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...staller_(Deploy_Tool)/0_Select_Options#Use_TV

If you do the advanced install, this info might help you make the right choices:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...llation/1_Deploy_Tool/2_Advanced_Installation

Scamps

September 12, 2013
    On the coast
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks.
    I think the problem was caused by me uninstalling and reinstalling in the first place. I don't think that the MySQL installation was cleanly uninstalled. When I re-installed I received a password error during the MySQL installation.

I got over the problem by uninstalling the MediaPortal again. On reinstallation I elected to use my MS SQLServer as the database. I was taken to a logon option screen which gave me a choice of either SQL or mySQL (I thought it had been uninstalled), out of interest I chose MySQL and used the mediaportal password. Hey presto, it logged me in and continued the installation. I configured the TV server from scratch and then launched the media portal config.

Sorted. TV link setup was there (and Radio). A little hassle with EPG but eventually I got the whole thing working.

I look forward to testing it further.

Scamps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom