MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys.
    I am new here.
    I am a current MCE user, but getting increasingly frustrated with it.

I am now thinking of switching over to MP.
    I have a few questions tho.
    1 - I live in Australia. Is EPG available ?
    2 - All i am after is a setup which will give me headache free TV and DVD streaming. Will this answer my prayers ?
    3 - Is it possible to have multiple MP systems working together ? I currently have 2 MCE rigs. All media is stored on MCE1 but able to watch on MCE2.

Basically, i need you guys to convince me that i am making the right choice.

Please help... MCE is getting on my nerves. I have installed and re-installed about 20 times now. I am sick of it.

Just as i am writing this, MCE1 just decided to give a black screen with the mouse pointer in the middle of the screen. Nothing works unless i press Ctrl + Alt + Del and restart the app.... piece of shi* MS crap.

cheers :evil:

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

3) no and yes. ;)

- no: MP does not use a centralized database. So two MP version have sepparate databases for TV, Movies, Music, etc.

- yes: If you use network shares you can access and playback the same files.

Flip.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanx FlipGer,

I guess its the same as MCE . Just set up shared folders and away you go.

One more question, MCE has a plugin called " MY MOVIES " which allows you to catalog your DVD collection by categories. It also has a SERIES / BOX SET feature which allows you to bundle DVD's which make up an entire season of a TV show. Does this make sense ? I was wondering if there was anything like that for MP.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom