Thumbnails - where are they stored (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try to explain this issue in more detail.

Prior to 1.20.0, when I went into Videos and selected a folder, any videos that had already been processed would create and display a thumbnail both to the left of the video name and in the section to the right:

upload_2018-9-14_18-56-10.png

as you can see above.

However, in 1.20.0, what I get is the following:

upload_2018-9-14_18-57-36.png

No thumbnails.

However, in 1.20.0, when I go to a folder that contains films that have been scanned into the VideoDatabaseV5.db3, then thumbnails do appear next to the films:

upload_2018-9-14_19-16-19.png

I have noticed one problem in 1.19.0; namely that the thumbnailer does not process .wtv files correctly. For .wtv files, thumbnails only seem to appear when the files are scanned. 1.19.0 does process .dvr-ms files correctly.

I hope this helps.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian

The issue I am trying to describe does not depend on how the files are imported into MediaPortal.

In 1.19.0, just going into a folder automatically instigates processing to add thumbnails to video files in the folder (that have not already been given thumbnails).

This no longer happens, for whatever reason, under 1.20.0. Weirdly though, in both versions, .dvr-ms files do get thumbnails!!!

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian

I think I should have pointed out that 1.20.0 is processing thumbnails for .dvr-ms files as expected, but not for .ts or .wtv files.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi regeszter

I've downloaded the pre-release file and will get back to you tomorrow with the results.

Off to have my dinner now.

Everyone: thank you very much for all the attention to this issue.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay. Put dinner off and installed the pre-release version on my development machine.

All is now working as in 1.19.0. It is automatically processing .dvr-ms and .ts files, but not .wtv files. Shouldn't thumbnails be produced for all allowed extensions?

upload_2018-9-14_19-53-41.png

regeszter: below is one level up from the screenshot:

upload_2018-9-14_19-58-1.png

Have really got to go now.

Will resume checking progress tomorrow.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay. I think I have finally worked out what is going on.

Under 1.19.0, thumbnails were generated for .dvr-ms and .ts files, but not for .wtv files - the latter were being sent to the VideoThumbBList table and were thus excluded from thumbnail processing.

Under the pre-release 1.20.0 version, the behaviour was the same as for 1.19.0.

The final release of 1.20.0 processes .dvr-ms to correctly produce thumbnails, but both .ts and .wtv files are sent to the VideoThumbBList table.

upload_2018-9-15_7-38-49.png

I think this explains all of the issues I have been listing above. In reality, the logic of the thumbnail processing has not changed, it is just that the file types allowed for thumbnail processing have changed.

Does this now make sense?

Please let me know if you want me to do any further testing.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom