Time does not fit in white space (2 Viewers)

drumrob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2017
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The time does not fit in the allotted white area. See lower right-hand corner. More of a graphics thing than a bug. Makes it hard to read the time sometimes, though. Also note that the channel and the time are not quite centered vertically.
    upload_2019-4-9_15-23-41.png

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The time does not fit in the allotted white area.
    Yup, I assume people use normal time display (24 hours without seconds) - will have to check ;)
    Also note that the channel and the time are not quite centered vertically.
    They are - probably you use a resolution other than 1920x1080?

drumrob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2017
    California
    Home Country
    OK, so I applied the fix with mixed results. When pausing live TV, the time fits beautifully in the white space. But I found something else: With recordings, when I pause the first time, it looks like before the fix (doesn't fit) and when I pause the second and subsequent times, the time displays but the white background completely disappears. Reverted back to the original files and restarted MP and the white background still disappears after two or more pauses.
    Then I applied the DefaultWideHD skin with the same results. The colored background disappears when pausing recordings two or more times. Live TV is OK. So it might be a MP Skin Engine issue?

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I only attached the OSDs for TV and asked whether it´s better or not ;)
    Your findings in the post above are related to Videp OSDs. And yes, the time background in video OSDs sometimes disappeares (MP bug).
    So here all OSDs, please try and report back whether your time setting fits better now ;)

Attachments

• Time display fix OSDs PureVisionHD 1080.zip
      15.9 KB
    Last edited:

drumrob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2017
    California
    Home Country
    Hi catavolt,
    The time now displays properly within the background in both live TV and recordings :)
    The background in recordings still disappears when paused a second time, but I found that it reappears after skipping forward or backward. Of course, then it disappears again when paused. But we determined that that is a MP bug, not a skin problem.
    Thanks for the good work! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom