Timer programming (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
Hi,

is it possible, to programm MP for Start- ans Stop Time like a Video Recorder? I mean: give in individual, exact Start time, give in individual, exact Stop time, set 1time, dayly or weekly, and then set the PC in sleeepmode?

Is there a manual, where i can read instructions?

Thank you fpr help!

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mr. Bean,

yes you can do this in MP. Aktivte the configuration program under plugins the "Power Scheduler" plugin. Hit the setup button and input your requirements. The wakeup time is set automaticly according to your recording settings.

If MP is not shutting down then activate "Forced shutdown".

Bavarian

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Hi,

du kannst als Bayer aber auch in deutsch antworten. Ansonsten halt in englisch :wink:

sched-setup.jpg

http://www.mp-forum.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=253

This I've done.

But: how can I give in the time data. for example:

Date: 30:12:2005
    Start: 12:01
    Stop: 13:32
    Programm

:?

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Let us keep english, to allow the other users with simillar problems to follow up.
    The date and time informations are coming from the TV recordings. Power scheduler is checking the database for the next recording and sets automaticly the wakeup time. This means all you have to do is to select a broadcast to record and that it is.

Bavarian

Toley

Portal Member
    April 10, 2005
    What about shut down time? Does MP/power scheduler support this? If so, does it go to stand by/hibernate no matter what or only if the system is idle after recording or does it present a warning screen with a count down timer, something like: "Recording complete. Media Portal is putting the computer in {stand-by/hibernate}. Do you want to continue? {X} seconds remaining. [Yes] [No]
    The latter being IMO the best option.

I am still looking for a way to make MP handle the recordings with wake up and sleep in a reliable way. I tried PVR-scheduler once, but his seems like an unelegant solution to me as you have an extra program (that often crashes but that could be due to my virusscanner :roll: ). You have to make sure you install the right version as well.

I also think this plug-in should be enabled by default. I am currently going through the MP source code to see what Power Scheduler does exactly. Maybe I can make some additions myself. After all, having a reliable wake-up and sleep function is important for a HTPC...

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    What I don't understand is that when you hit manual recording, shouldn't you be able to just select the date you want then type in the start time and stop time in 24 hour time using the numbers on your remote. This would be way easier than scrolling through a list of 5 minute increments as it is at the moment, I think. That is like 288 items to scroll through, as opposed to just keying in a couple of numbers. It is not a big deal, but I think the ability to just type in the times you wanted would be better, and it would solve the problem of not being able to set fine start and stop times.

Edit: Maybe I should post this in Feature Request.

Toley

Portal Member
    April 10, 2005
    jawbroken said:
    What I don't understand is that when you hit manual recording, shouldn't you be able to just select the date you want then type in the start time and stop time in 24 hour time using the numbers on your remote. This would be way easier than scrolling through a list of 5 minute increments as it is at the moment, I think. That is like 288 items to scroll through, as opposed to just keying in a couple of numbers. It is not a big deal, but I think the ability to just type in the times you wanted would be better, and it would solve the problem of not being able to set fine start and stop times.

Edit: Maybe I should post this in Feature Request.
    I agree on that. It isn't very logical now. The one who implemented this didn't know how to make text input boxes or something :eek:

But back to the point... does anyone know how to get Power Scheduler shut off the PC too?

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Sorry, is in German :( How to configure the EPG...

Hier wird beschrieben, wie man sich die EPG Daten mit dem Programm WebEPG besorgen kann.

Da dies über das Internet erfolgt (also tv-karten unabhängig), ist ein Internetanschluss zwingend erforderlich.

Das wichtigste ist, das man zuerst mal die Kanäle im MediaPortal in Ordnung bringt. Ich habe dazu die Kanäle, die wir nicht brauchen gelöscht und die anderen so umbenannt, das sie besser passen.

channel6sx.jpg

Mit der Backup-Funktion nun eine Channellist.xml erzeugen. Am besten in den xmltv-Ordner von MediaPortal.

Dann die webEPG-config exe starten

webepg9ai.jpg

Auf "Import" klicken, webEPG fragt nach der channellist.xml, den Pfad angeben und importieren.

Rechts wird dann unter "Display Name" der Name des Senders im MP angezeigt. Diesen Sender wird nun der Channel zugeordnet. (Zeile darunter). Dazu muß man auf den Button rechts neben der Zeile "Channel" klicken. Es öffnet sich ein weiteres Fenster.

webepg13ka.jpg

Hier wird der passende Channel ausgewählt, hier im Beispiel 3sat.
    Dieser Vorgang muss nun für jeden Kanal wiederholt werden. Unter "Guide Days" kann man festlegen, wieviel Tage der Grabber holen soll. Unter "Linked Page" kann man eingeben, ob der Grabber verlinkte Seiten, z.B: Filmbeschreibungen etc. holen soll und für welchen Zeitraum des Tages. Dieser Punkt ist für jeden Sender einzel konfigurierbar. Standard ist 18-23 uhr. Möchte man nun umfassende Beschreibungen haben, also von 1-23 uhr, muss man sich auf eine längere Zeit der Beschaffung einstellen.

webepg69zi.jpg

Wichtig -> nach jeder Zuordnung den Button "Update" drücken!!!!

Wenn alle Kanäle zugeordnet sind auf "Save" klicken.

Dann kann die webEPG.exe gestartet werden.

webepg31vk.jpg

Es öffnet sich KEIN Fenster. Es entsteht nur eine Datei, die TVguide-writing.xml. Wenn der Vorgang abgeschlossen ist, was je nach Verbindung und Menge der Kanäle und deren Beschreibungen zwischen 5 und 20 Minuten dauert, wird diese Datei wieder gelöscht und es bleibt die TVguide.xml.

Jetzt noch im Task Scheduler von Windows einen Task für die webEPG.exe erstellen:

webepg56et.jpg

Der Hacken bei "Computer zum Ausführen des Task reaktivieren" ermöglicht es den HTPC aus den Standby bzw . Hibernation auf zu Wecken.
    Ein weiterer Task nach ca 25. Minuten schickt den HTPC wieder schlafen.Für den Ruhezustand muss der Task so heissen: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom