Timeshift issue, live-TV is looping/repeating (iptv) (1 Viewer)

Albin Nystedt

September 19, 2016
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I use MediaPortal when watching IPTV streams. Sometimes the stream jumps back 5/10 seconds and starts looping, playing the same part over and over again. This happens more often on some specific channels.

TsWriter log says "bad signal", corrects time and stop the timeshift recording. From my point of view its clear that the specific stream is unstable but VLC or Kodi/XBMC seems to ignore this (maybe a short freeze and it continues to play).

Is there a way to make the tv-server to handle bad signals in a better way to be able to watch these streams without the looping?

I appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Iptv hickups DE
Hi all, Since a while I'm using iptv to watch tv-content, most of the time it works like a charm except (who would've thought) when it doesn't. The thing is, the connection to (or my iptvprovider itself) drops out on me (MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_Http: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message: 'Closing connection 2011') and...
Hi all, Since a while I'm using iptv to watch tv-content, most of the time it works like a charm except (who would've thought)...
Hi all, Since a while I'm using iptv to watch tv-content, most of the time it works like a charm except (who would've thought)...
Replies
Views
What works: Keyboard: Press the arrow keys whilst live TV is playing - No need to press Right Mouse Button first to bring up the button display (which is what I was originally doing) Remote control handset: Press the left and right curved buttons that have OK between them (don't know how better to name them)
What works: Keyboard: Press the arrow keys whilst live TV is playing - No need to press Right Mouse Button first to bring up the...
Newbie evaluating MP2 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 before deciding to ditch Microsoft Media Center as part of an upgrade to...
Replies
Views
Possibly. You may want to check your provider's frequency table rather than relying on IMDB.
Possibly. You may want to check your provider's frequency table rather than relying on IMDB.
Hi, First of all, thank you guys for existing and being awesome! I have read a gazillion topics and you are patient and helpful...
Replies
Views
That's interesting. The method you linked didn't work for me using IR32.exe (after installing the drivers for the card). It would pick up input from the remote, but when I went to "learn", all button presses were interpreted as zeroes. The remote wouldn't function in MP or anything else despite being detected. Anyway, I'm setup and...
That's interesting. The method you linked didn't work for me using IR32.exe (after installing the drivers for the card). It would...
Hi MP community, Appologies that my first post here is to seek help. I've been using MP 1.6, server and client, happily for over a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom