TIMESHIFT to RECORDING / RECORDING to TIMESHIFT (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep can confirm not working just recorded 1 hour show from 8-9 hit record at 8.25 and selected record present program and end up with file size 9k

:cry:

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Check for hidden files and you should find a dump file which this 9k file points to.

What actually happens is the 9k "index" file tells MP where in the dump file to start and stop.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I checked for hidden files and found nothing... I always have "show hidden files" checked so I can see them. Why all the sudden is MP creating hidden files... and then having separate files? This has never been the case... why would it start now? And why in the world would it tag it as a hidden file...

I am sorry.. but your explanation of this issue makes no sense at all.... Even if it was the case… I should still be able to play this file within MP… yet I cannot.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    MP isn't creating the hidden files, the timeshifted material is recorded in SBE format (streasm buffer engine). This is configured in Windows as a system folder, which means hidden and even hidden when the "Show hidden system folders" is not checked. You have to remove the tick from "Hide protected operating system files" as well.

I'm away from home for a while so can't test the feature myself, but it did used to work. I loved that feature and will be sad if it broke...

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ASiDiE said:
    I checked for hidden files and found nothing... I always have "show hidden files" checked so I can see them. Why all the sudden is MP creating hidden files... and then having separate files? This has never been the case... why would it start now? And why in the world would it tag it as a hidden file...

I am sorry.. but your explanation of this issue makes no sense at all.... Even if it was the case… I should still be able to play this file within MP… yet I cannot.

I haven't used this feature recently, so things very well could have changed.

However, when I did look into this in the past, what I found was a 9k file which referenced a larger dump file. If I played that entire dump file it was the length of my Timeshift buffer (which I have set at 120 minutes). Playing the recording in Media Portal however would reference that 9k file which in turn, told Media Portal where to start playing in the dump file for the beginning of the program I wanted.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a update on this.
    Did a clean reinstall with todays cvs, recorded 2 programs at well seperated times, using the same parameters as previous post.
    One appears as dvrms, file normal size, the other as 9kb file but now plays recorded video ok.
    Baffled, I am :?

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

what is this all about?
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but this started with two requests.

The first one isn’t realised in MP, yet (record a specific part of timeshifted material by setting an in and out mark)
    and the second request (watching TV and pressing record, the first part of the show that’s in timeshift will be recorded, too and added to the rest of the show, automatically) was implemented, but doesn’t seem to work anymore.

It’s a know issue pressing record while watching TV, MediaPortal will create a file called Enterprise.dvr-ms, that’s 9kb and several files called Enterprise.sbe that are about 126MB.

But nevertheless MP will play the entire video!

Only a scheduled recording will be recorded as one big file.

It has something to do with Microsoft’s record engine that’s used by MP right now.

Regards
    Ralph

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    looks like this is fixed now in today's cvs:

On 16/03/2006 [19:56:05] _Frodo_ added the following change: record current program didnt record anything from the timeshift buffer

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Scenario 2 is already in place. When your show is recording, it is listed under Scheduled recording. Once you see that your show is currently recording you are allowed to click on it and start from the beginning or where the show currently at.

If you pick a program from the TV guide that has already started recording you don't get the option to watch that from the beginning only to watch it live using another tuner. you should get the option to watch it live or from the start, it should always use the same tuner and it should work (I believe last time I tried if you select a recording program from the TV guide MP will just do nothing or freeze). I'm sure that is the way it use to work but not for some time now or is it only tve3 that doesn't do it properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom