Timeshiftbuffer issues (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have, for some time, experienced problems with timeshiftbuffer functionality. It seems to work fine at first; i.e. I stop watching a program on one client machine and can resume watching it on another client machine from the same place I left off before. After a while, quite a few days, the client machines will only pickup programs from the point last used on that machine - not at the point last viewed on another client machine. This has happened several times now. I have configured the timeshiftbuffer folder in TV-Server Configuration to use the same folder for all cards.

Is there any way for me to work out what is going on because I never see any content in the timeshiftbuffer folder? Nor am I finding any log entries regarding the timeshift processing - where should I look?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tony

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

stop watching a program on one client machine and can resume watching it on another client machine from the same place I left off before

This function does not exist in MP. I can not imagine how could you resume wathching TV from same point as you left on another machine.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I am a little puzzled, because you said the following in another thread:

"There is a misunderstanding. attachFull176053

The timeshift puffer is shared by TvService using rtps protocol. You do not need to share it by windows."

Have I misunderstood the timeshiftbuffer functionality?

Tony

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-15_14-18-37.png
      upload_2016-2-15_14-18-37.png
      95 bytes

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay. I'll give that a go and report back to you.

Tony[DOUBLEPOST=1455548883][/DOUBLEPOST]Do I need to install/update both the client and server components?

Tony[DOUBLEPOST=1455549163][/DOUBLEPOST]I am using MS SQL Server for the MpTvDb. Will this upgrade affect that?

Tony

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom