[WiP] Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file

tourettes
    i can post a single diff tonight if you want. Strangely also dvdfreak doesn't 100% know what the cause. He cleaned up / restructured the tsreader read method and then it was working.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file

luckily dvdfreak was able to fix the channel change problem. So attached you'll find a new .patch file.

Just curious, what was the cause? Patch is so big that it is not easy to dig that infromation out from it.
    If only I knew... ;) I cleaned up the SetFilePointer() and Read() methods and added some logging. And it all worked fine after I did so. Just to be sure it was not a timing issue, I disabled the logging again, and it remained working :D So whatever it was, seems I fixed it by cleaning up the code -- I always guessed it was something subtle.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

dvdfreak
    do you think it would make sense to check for the same things in the actual plain SVN tsreader? Perhaps it will also solve there the issues we're seeing?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

It does fix nothing, it should just provide a way to use UNC with MP... Because there is atm no real solution for a multi client setup...

What do you mean? I use rtsp streaming in multi-seat, and it works fine. 99% of my TV viewing is on a network client. What is not working?

Mark

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file

It does fix nothing, it should just provide a way to use UNC with MP... Because there is atm no real solution for a multi client setup...

What do you mean? I use rtsp streaming in multi-seat, and it works fine. 99% of my TV viewing is on a network client. What is not working?

Mark

Streaming over rtsp is currently quite slow compared to streaming over rtsp. Thatswhy that work makes great sense.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Also I can confirm what dvdfreak wrote earlier in this thread:

"Important to say: sometimes it zaps fine. But most of the times it zaps, then shows a freezed frame of the old channel for a second or so, after which the new channel shows up, but totally messed up (showing video and audio continuity errors in the log) -- and it stays messed up until you skip back like described above.

Other times it zaps, freezes momentarily and then shows the new channel after some messed up frames (to it seems to recover)"

This happens to me also, and zapping is slower with RTSP

regards
    Jacob

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

mylle
    but what dvdfreak has written was regarding THIS patch. It is solved by a new one posted by me yesterday. It was not a descpription of the current MP implementation.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ahh. You are right sorry.

I got confused because this is exactly what im seing when using regular RTSP.

"it shows a freezed frame of the old channel for a second or so, after which the new channel shows up"

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

devs
    would it be OK to post here a SVN based MP und TVServer install? so people like mylle can test this patch also and see if it helps is his sitation. The build would contain Disaster123 build in all logs so you were able to detect this special build if there were support requests.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

@DEVS
    would it be OK to post here a SVN based MP und TVServer install? so people like mylle can test this patch also and see if it helps is his sitation. The build would contain Disaster123 build in all logs so you were able to detect this special build if there were support requests.
    I'm going to be posting a For The Record BETA 7 this evening to our BETA forum, and I'm going to include a separate download for a pre-patched TsReader.ax and MP. So people can test with that too. It will be real interesting to hear the result from those that had UNC issues before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom