Timeshifting video with subtitles reliably crashes MP 1.6.. status and known issue? (1 Viewer)

will_ssi

Portal Member
September 12, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Gentlemen, I'm going a bit crazy here.

I'm using mc2xml just like when I setup MP 1.6, except this time I cannot get individual programs to load within the server configuration utility. I'm following this write-up, mapping my channels to the correct guide channel, and still getting 0 programs importing. I reduced the number of channels to grab guide info for to 1, my local PBS, for troubleshooting. I still cannot get program info to load. I've tried both the xmltv.dtd linked in the wiki, and at http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/. My output .xml is "tvguide.xml" with my correct zipcode and type (digital terrestrial) selected, and I've even checked the 13 MB tvguide.xml for some of the NUMBERS.microsoft entries that I've mapped in the guide channel column to make sure that I'm downloading good data, which I am.

I read this thread and I'm not having that problem. My system time is correct as is the time-zone, US Central (GMT - 6).

Any ideas?

edit: wait, what do my eyes see?
Media Center Services - North America
After 10 years of Media Center legacy support Microsoft has switched their EPG provider for their North American listings from Zap2It to Rovi and have not updated their legacy service (listings run out on 2015/07/26).

zap2xml is an alternative way to get listings from Zap2it. There are also other services from which to get TV listings.

Donators using the Media Center Win7+ service will get listings from Rovi for North America, see here if you are having any problems with the Win7+ service.

And checking the timestamps for my tvguide.xml material, I couldn't find anything past August. Does MP's server setup reject importing program information that is solely in the past? Regardless, it seems like I need to find a new US EPG provider.

will_ssi

Portal Member
September 12, 2015
Home Country
WebEPG is up and running, now if only I remembered how to integrate the Hauppauge 2250 remote with MP..

will_ssi

Portal Member
September 12, 2015
Home Country
Should be as simple as enabling the Hauppauge remote handler (after installing Hauppauge's IR32 software/driver):
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...zation/00_Configuration/8_Remote/16_Hauppauge

I appreciate the response @mm1352000 but that wiki entry is incorrect for my WinTV 2250. This is how I had to set it up:

You shouldn't need IR32. Download the hcwcirconfig tool from Hauppauge's website (in the 2250 support accessories section), and use it to set the card to operate the receiver as an MCE compatible receiver. It will then tell you to reboot. After reboot, the receiver will be in device manager as an ehome receiver. From there, use as though you're using an MCE remote and receiver.

I setup MP to use it as a generic HID remote. I didn't have to program or set any keys, all 45 buttons are correctly recognized.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I wasn't sure which remote model you would get. Hauppauge have more than 5 different types of remotes and most work the way I described.
    Anyhow, glad you got it working. :)

will_ssi

Portal Member
    September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    I wasn't sure which remote model you would get. Hauppauge have more than 5 different types of remotes and most work the way I described.
    Anyhow, glad you got it working. :)

I believe the difference in the wiki's instructions vs the ones I quoted is how the remote's receiver is attached. I think your instructions are for a remote receiver connected via USB. My 2250 connects via a weird 3-ringed 1/8th inch jack, except it isn't quite a 1/8th inch. It's slightly smaller.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's a 2.5 mm (metric) plug. I have 2 Hauppauge remotes with that type of receiver (ie. not USB), and they both work with the method I described.

will_ssi

Portal Member
    September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    I have 2 Hauppauge remotes with that type of receiver (ie. not USB), and they both work with the method I described.
    That's interesting. The method you linked didn't work for me using IR32.exe (after installing the drivers for the card). It would pick up input from the remote, but when I went to "learn", all button presses were interpreted as zeroes. The remote wouldn't function in MP or anything else despite being detected.

Anyway, I'm setup and timeshifting with subs/CCs and it's working fine. I wish I could change the appearance of them though, is there any way to do that? Yellow subs with a black line around the characters would look a lot better and still provide contrast as opposed to the light grey box the white text is currently rendered over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom