Operating System TIP: "Windows 8" Update Rollup KB2889784 - 11/13/2013 breaks video playback / Live-TV (1 Viewer)

mod77

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello All,
just for your Info:

ISSUE:
The latest "Windows 8.1" Update Rollup KB2889784 released yesterday on 11/13/2013 will brake video playback and Live-TV in MediaPortal 1.5.0 Final. Problem exists on two Windows 8.1 Professional machines.

When playing any video you can hear sound but you will get a black screen.
Starting Live-TV will result in an Stream-Error message. "e.g. Cold not start STREAMxxx"

POSSIBLE REASON:
It seems, that the update changes anything with the registered codecs.

(POSSIBLE) SOLUTION:
If your machines are affected too, simply close MediaPortal, reinstall the LAVFilters with "MediaPortal Extensions Manager" and start Mediaportal again.

This fixed my issues.

mod77

Last edited:

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I did this windows 8.1 update today and it actually made mediaportal 1.5.0 don't start AT ALL. Any solution coming? I'm now trying a system restore "point" to put my windows 8.1 installation to BEFORE this windows update.. I hope it will work. Anyone got any tips on this?

ALSO: Sometimes during video playback on my windows 8.1 system mediaportal goes from fullscreen to smaller window (like 1/3 of the screensize in the top left corner) for no reason and I have to exit and restart mediaportal to make it work...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom