Tired of SkyStar HD2 Need a new card.

Discussion in 'TV-Cards' started by Kotik, July 6, 2016.

1. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

Kotik MP Donator

Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Hello guys,
    I am looking for a new card to buy since my skysta hd2 doesnt want to work in mp with motor setup.
    I was using an old custom mp build on windows xp with this card and a motor for years with no issues but lately i updated my setup to windows 7 64bit and installed latest mp 1.15 final.
    Since then i just cannot make the card work with my motor.
    So i am searching for a new one that will work with a diseqc motor and has a nice mp support.
    Any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. daWooky
    • Premium Supporter

daWooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +921 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    hi kotik,
    i dont use diseq but i can highly recommend digital device products, pricey but imho they're worth it and the support is really courteous ;)
    a cheaper alternative will be some tevii, dvbsky or a dirty cheap twinhan clone :censored:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

Kotik MP Donator

Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Thank u for the suggestion, i did check out DD Cine S2 V7 and damn "pricey" is spot on :) 185 euro for a DVB S2 card, hmmm i do understand that it is a dual tuner but i will use one anyways :)

I would also like some info from people that have a motor and successfully use it in MP, i am willing to pay 185 for DD but i really want to make sure it will work with the motor, otherwise its a waste of money with my current setup.

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
  6. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Honestly, if I were you and I wanted motor control support, I would stay with the SkyStar HD2.

If you want to make your current tuner work again...
    I could guess that you're using a different driver (maybe default MS-provided Mantis chipset driver), and the different driver has a different DiSEqC interface. Make sure you install the driver from the tuner vendor's website. I'd be happy to assist if you can provide log files.

7. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

Kotik MP Donator

Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs

Thank you for the all the info @mm1352000
    I am using latest MANTIS driver it is exactly the same driver that i had on XP installation, actually i used it in my older installation cause i saw a post of ur's couple of years ago:) where u linked the latest DTV-DVB Mantis (1.1.2.700).

I currently cannot provide u with any logs since my setup is a mess, i am testing things left and right, but i think the issue i am having is one u are familiar with.

LockOnSignal Time out :)

MP is trying to LockOn while the dish is still moving, u already fixed that for another card and another user some years ago with a custom patch.

Well i guess it is a pity that the patch didn't go master.

As i said i will provide u with logs once i clean the mess i got here and setup and store 2 sat positions to be sure we are dealing only with the actual issue.

Thanx in advance.

PS. MP is able to move the dish, i use ProgDVB to move it with USALS then i switch to MP and store position #x, all these steps are working fine until i try to watch some actual TV. Same sat is fine but the moment u try to move to a different one u get a "unable to start timeshift" error, if u play same channel 2nd time it will work. Like i said i think u are familiar with that one :)

PS.2 :) i did change Tune time out to 30 seconds :) Still same issue.

Last edited: July 6, 2016
  8. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, yes - that sounds familiar, but it was a very long time ago so I've forgotten the precise details. I'm not sure if I had a patch or whether a patch came from somebody else... or maybe it was something about enabling a driver registry option (relock monitor???).

9. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

Kotik MP Donator

Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Here are server logs, it is a clean windows 7 64bit + MP 1.15 Final with a fresh MYSQL installation.

There are 2 satellites stored in MP db i got 1 channel from sat 1 and 1 channel from sat 2.

Steps u will see in logs are as following: I turn ON client and play channel on sat 1 (dish is already at that sat), channel is working fine, then i open channel list and navigate to channel 2 on sat 2, i wait for 20 seconds (tune time out value on MP server) then i get error on client. Meanwhile my dish is moving fine to sat 2:) Then i play channel 2 on sat 2 again and since this time the dish is at sat2 the channel is working.

I tried to give u clean logs of only the issue, if u need full logs of tvserver start up let me know.

Thank u for ur time.

10. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the log files. (y)

No obvious problems can be seen. I assume the tuner has just given up on trying to lock in on signal.

I looked at the driver installation script and found the variable I was looking for:
    Please can you use regedit to search your system registry for "RelockMonitor" to make sure it is enabled. It should be found somewhere under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the meantime I will search for our old thread and see if I can figure out what the solution was in the past.

11. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, and there are some other important registry values:
    I guess RelockEnable should be 1 to enable it... and RelockTrigTime is the delay after which the tuner will try to lock signal again. From the comments I'm not sure if 0x7d0 (= 2000) is 2000 ms or 2000 x 6 => 12 ms = 12 seconds. Either way, maybe it's not large enough.

Strangely, I can't seem to find our previous patch discussion. :confused:
    ...but maybe you had seen another thread/patch like this one?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-to-retune-the-tuned-channel-on-errors.76465/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!