Tired of SkyStar HD2 Need a new card. (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    morning @mm1352000

RelockMonitor exists two times and in both instances it is set to 1, so it is indeed enabled.

RelockTrigTime exists once and it is indeed set to HEX 7d0 or DEC 2000

This line [2016-07-07 15:55:23,542] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms suggests that it is 20ms so i don't know why 0x7d0 (= 2000).

But bare with me for a moment, i warn u, i will use my stupid brain so maybe what i will say is completely stupid:)

Looking again at my log i see:

[2016-07-07 15:55:22,278] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:ubmiting tunerequest Channel:Einsfestival HD subChannel:0

and then i see:

[2016-07-07 15:55:23,542] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
    [2016-07-07 15:55:23,573] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
    [2016-07-07 15:55:23,604] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
    [2016-07-07 15:55:23,636] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
    [2016-07-07 15:55:23,667] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms

So from the moment that i issue the channel change MP is asking for a LockInOnSignal just 1 second later, in my mind it is normal that this will time out since the dish has to move 1st, increasing the LockInOnSignal or the RelockTrigTime might fix the issue but will create issues in other places like channel scan where an actual non existent signal will take ages to time out :)

I am searching for the thread now myself.

EDIT: it is indeed the one u found:)

Ideally when a user has "DiseqC Motor Enabled" in tvserver config then the LockOnSignal command should be delayed ONLY IF the channel that we switch to is not at the same GoToX position with our current position. And MP can check GoToX positions and compare them with a channelX=positionX.

EDIT2: 2nd option would be to increase the LockInOnSignal timeout ONLY IF the channel that we switch to is not at the same GoToX position with our current position.

EDIT3: There is a DiseqC key inside my registry under the same folder with the rest of the keys u pointed me to and it is set to 0, i got no idea if this one maybe should be set to 1?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EDIT: it is indeed the one u found:)
    Okay.

So, the current tuning process is:
    1. Send DiSEqC switch command if necessary (not necessary if no switch is present).
    2. Send DiSEqC motor move command if necessary (not necessary if no motor is present OR the motor is already in the right place).
    3. Tune the tuner ("Submit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest").
    4. Wait for the tuner to lock on signal ("LockInOnSignal").
    The problem is that there is no delay between 2 and 3. You can add/configure the delay for 4 (tune timeout setting) but that doesn't help (as you've seen) because the tuner has given up already.

Do you understand?

This problem would affect all tuners, not just your SkyStar. So, no point in getting a new tuner.

Now I guess you're going to ask: is it possible to add a delay between 2 and 3?
    In theory the answer is yes. The code is there and a delay can be inserted.
    In practise the answer is no. TV Server is under code freeze, so changes are not being accepted.

Therefore it would be better for you if it's possible to find a way to solve the problem without code changes. The best (only?) way would be to use your tuner's relock monitor. I would suggest:
    • RelockMonitor should be 1
    • RelockEnable should be 1
    • try increasing RelockTrigTime
    You need to reboot for the driver to apply the change.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I will try it but i am afraid that will really create some chaos during channel scans. Since RelockTrigTime will apply there too.
    And i agree with u that the issue affects all cards, now that i understood how it is working.
    Tho my question is, why is this one considered as a change when it is obviously a non working feature affecting all cards that are having a motor that we officially state to support in our wiki?
    Thanx for ur info and time.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ohh well nothing i can say about it.
    The RelockTrigTime doesn't change the issue.
    I guess i have to somehow port the custom build i had on windows xp to the 7 installation.

I am just mad cause i had a working system with actual USALS support and now i am left with this mess.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well back to windows xp for me i guess.
    I hope proper motor support will be available in TVE3.5.
    @mm1352000 thanx for the effort and time.
    In case u need someone with a motor for ur future testings of TVE 3.5 u can message me on these boards, i can grant u access to the setup as well if needed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well back to windows xp for me i guess.
    It's not so bad. I also still use XP myself. :)

I hope proper motor support will be available in TVE3.5.
    I guess that depends on your definition of proper. ;)
    Aside from the issue that you've found, TVE 3's motor support does work. However I suppose you probably mean USALS. I'll let you in on special preview from my TVE 3.5 working branch:
    upload_2016-7-8_16-31-8.png

upload_2016-7-8_16-32-41.png

As you might guess from the "USALS Location" settings, USALS is supported.

Delay for motor movement is supported using the "DiSEqC Motor Speed" settings. Those settings are used to calculate a "wait-for-the-motor-to-finish-moving" time based on:
    • how far your motor has to move (which satellite is the dish currently pointing to, and which satellite does it have to move to)
    • how fast your motor can move (motor speed specifications)
    • whether the motor will move fast or slow (based on whether the voltage supplied from the tuner is high or low)
    Unfortunately it's not ready for testing yet, and I'm not even able to say when it will be ready for testing... but you can be sure that I'll contact you when it is. ;)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Amazing work, like i said if u ever need access to my setup let me know, i can provide TeamViewer + Live Feedback from the dish movement :)

Good things take time, keep up the good work.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @mm1352000
    Do u happen to know if MP1 TVE 3.0 supports UHD channels that are H265?
    For some strange reason when i scan for them MP is detecting them as Radio channels lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom