Tired of uninstalling old and installing new version by hand (1 Viewer)

no_idea

Portal Member
September 19, 2004
Germany
You just have to build to batch files and drop them into folder containing new setup files.

Cut and paste the following line for

installation in mp_inst.bat:
msiexec /i setup.msi ALLUSERS=1 TARGETDIR="%programfiles%\mediaportal" /qb- /l*v mp_inst.log

deinstallation in mp_uninst.bat:
msiexec /x {E95FD367-B0A7-420B-A95A-E8888D3C0C99} /qb- /l*v mp_uninst.log

/i for installation, /x for deinstallation, ALLUSERS=1 is set for an all users installation, /qb- does a quiet installation without user interaction and "/l*v logfilename"writes a logfile. "MainEngineThread is returning 0" in the logfile says setup was successfully completed.

The msi packagecode {...} may vary in future versions.

no_idea.

LastMar

Portal Pro
November 17, 2004
Ack. No thanks.

If you're gonna go through all this trouble, just do it manually....

no_idea

Portal Member
September 19, 2004
Germany
What´s the problem? You need the two files and if mp does fine you don´t even have to look into the logfile.

Takes only seconds for a new installation and I never had to change the batches before.

no_idea.

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
no_idea

Thanks a lot for this - makes testing a little bit easier for me.

I saw that you install in "%programfiles%\mediaportal" but the original setup is installed in "%programfiles%\Team MediaPortal\mediaportal".
Wouldn´t it be better to use the standard-path?

cu
merci

no_idea

Portal Member
September 19, 2004
Germany
merci1983

TARGETDIR is just a hint how to set a different path. You could write

TARGETDIR="E:\HTPC Test\MP"

or just leave the parameter for default. The funny thing was, standard msi parameter INSTALLDIR was ignored. Had to check the log to find it.

Another tip (originally from FlipGer):
Export your radio stations and tv channels from databases to csv with sqlbrowserlite and reimport them to the new ones, after deleting the table. Worked for me in .8-.10. Only had to create a new tv group and resort.

But you may be warned: Tables format might be changed. The team is now working on an export function.

no_idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom